Problem with Admore LEDs for CooCase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SullyCuse

Reaction score
Hoping someone may be able to help.

I am installing the Admore LED kit for the CooCase. https://www.twistedthrottle.com/admore-lighting-led-topcase-kit-for-coocase-s50-or-s48-running-brake-turn-signals

I have everything wired up but it seems the running lights and turn signals do not work. Strangely enough, the brake lights do work, except without the modulation that it says they should have.

I did read on an FZ1 forum that the Yamaha needs a different flasher to work. https://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130521 Can anyone verify this or give me some suggestions on what needs to be done here? I am hoping it is not a defective unit.

Here is a link to the flasher mentioned in the FZ1 forum. https://www.customdynamics.com/trick_flasher.htm

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldn't need another flasher, as you still have incandescent lights everywhere else..... only if you went with LED's everywhere. I'd check with Admore.....

I had exactly the same symptoms with the Admore lights in my Givi E55 case when I first installed them on my 14 ES, no turn signals, no running lights, and brake, but no flashing. I had 2 wiring harnesses in line with the tail lights, one for the Admores and one for my Scorpio alarm system, but I hadn't yet powered up the alarm system. I quickly removed the alarm harness (as I was heading out for a ride) and the Admores worked properly. When I reattached the alarm harness later, I don't recall if I swapped the order, but once the alarm system had power, the Admores worked properly.

Not sure if that helps, but if you have anything else in line with the Admore harness, give it a try without.

I did have a controller board go bad in my admore harness once - phone call to Admore had another harness on the way no questions asked. Did you splice into your OE harness or did you use the FJR specific Admore harness that plugs in??

I used the harness that is specific to the CooCase and spliced in. I put the power and ground through a switched circuit on my Fuzeblock first, and then spliced directly into the tail light for the switched power and put the ground on a bolt on the bike. Both times, same thing. Stop/brake light works without modulation, but no running lights or signal lights. I used Posi-Taps to tap into the wire, so I am positive that I have good connections.

After a couple emails back in forth with Admore Lighting, they finally got me fixed up. Luckily there was nothing wrong with the harness. It just needed to be wired differently than specified in the instructions.

Thank you all for your assistance.

For anyone with future problems, here is what the original instructions had me doing:

Blue wire to Tail Light

Red Wire to Brake Light

Green Wire to Right Signal Light

Yellow Wire to Left Signal Light

Black Wire to ground

Purple Wire - Not used

The fix was the following:

Blue and Red twisted together and put to Tail Light

Purple Wire to the Brake Light

Green Wire to Right Signal Light

Yellow Wire to Left Signal Light

Black Wire to ground

They got to the final step after just having me swap the Blue and Red wires one time and letting them know how that responded.

They are VERY thorough and VERY responsive and again, were able to fix me up with a couple of emails.

I LOVE the new LEDs in my CooCase, and love the fact that I will have more visibility when I have the case on. The added running lights, modulation on the brake lights and the added signal lights, will be much appreciated. You can never be too seen.

Again A+ for Admore Lighting and their customer support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad they got ya squared away.

I have two Admore light kits on my bike - the universal side-case kit and the Givi kit. When I first went to install the side-case kit, I had a bad harness. They replaced it no-problemo. I had no problems with the kit in the Givi.