Problems after "Pair Cover Sets" installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I did pick up some High-Temp permatex, so I will be working on making sure the plates have a good seal...
That shouldn't be necessary. Your gaskets are probably fine.

If you're going to pull the cover plates, get the camera out and take a shot of what you find. Then, post the photo here for the next guy. The only photo I remember seeing was really out of focus. I didn't take any photos, because I was more concerned with getting the fit of the PAIR covers right and double checking my dimensions.
If no one gets this done before this evening, I'll take a photo of mine.

Shouldn't be too hard to do....the valve cover is on one side of the garage...the cylinder head's on the other. :)

Where in the garage is your old fuel pump? ;)
Bwahahaha!!!

Probably wherever it landed when I reacted to CCCTF. :dribble:

I owe you a base flange, don't I? Completely slipped my mind.

I'll get it to ya soon.

I accidentally douched my entire Inbox in a fit of "organizational penance", so PM me your address.

I didn't want to hound you until an appropriate amount of time passed for your grieving process. :dntknw: PM sent.

I still have a set of PAIR covers with your name on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to hound you until an appropriate amount of time passed for your grieving process. :dntknw: PM sent.

I still have a set of PAIR covers with your name on them.
You're a saint. Can I call you Nicholas???
Santa%20smiley.gif

Well shit Joe! If he's paid up send 'em to me ;) He ain't ever gonna fix that thing. To many boats in floordida need anchors :lol: :lol:

:jester:

pair reed valve. yours won't look exactly like this. i turned the valve limit tab over so that it holds the valve closed all the time.

001-3.jpg