Pull back bar risers for Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyRider2

Reaction score
I have a 2008 FJR-A. I am completely happy with it with two exceptions. I need more knee room so I plan to buy a kit for lowering the foot pegs. The second thing is that I need to move the bars up and back. I bought a set of bar risers from GenMar, but was disappointed to find that that was all they did - raise the bars. In fact the bars may actually now be further away than before the installation. I get a pain between the shoulders if I ride more than 45 minutes. I need the bars moved back at least 1/2 inch to achieve maximum comfort. I have already used the factory adjustment. Do anyone make bar risers for the Gen II that actually move the bars up and back? Thanks.

I have a 2008 FJR-A. I am completely happy with it with two exceptions. I need more knee room so I plan to buy a kit for lowering the foot pegs. The second thing is that I need to move the bars up and back. I bought a set of bar risers from GenMar, but was disappointed to find that that was all they did - raise the bars. In fact the bars may actually now be further away than before the installation. I get a pain between the shoulders if I ride more than 45 minutes. I need the bars moved back at least 1/2 inch to achieve maximum comfort. I have already used the factory adjustment. Do anyone make bar risers for the Gen II that actually move the bars up and back? Thanks.

I also have an 08 and have helbar risers and amm very happy do a search on helibars

1. The bars are as far back as the factory adjustment will allow.

2. Don't the Helibars require their triple whatever dodad that is very expensive?

Are you happy with your seat? If you are ever planning to change your saddle out, it will also change your bar ergos.
I am relatively happy with the seat. I figure that if I am going to go on longer rides (200 miles plus) I can always wear a pair of bike shorts...BTW has anybody tried that?

I always wear the under armor bike (without the padding) type shorts.

I was good with the stock seat until 400 miles. If I went longer than that...up to 660 miles I added the Alaska sheepskin. But I found that I was no good at the 500+ mile/day pace ona long trip...especially summer. However, some people are no good on the stock seat after 150 miles, so it varies between owners.

I got a Russell seat. All is well now, no matter how many days or miles I do. I am no Iron Ass, but I do like to ride.

I just ordered Meissner Adapters (fully adjustable) from whaccessories for my '08. Let me know if anyone is interseted in a play by play of the install. essentially, it'll be the same as on the GenIs (covered in previous posts), but I stack mine on Helis. That brings them up close to a 1 1/2" rise and then they can also be angled back to whatever angle the cables will allow (more than you might think). They will take 4 to 6 weeks to come in from Germany due to Customs.