Pulling the front wheel up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caveman

Reaction score
Anyone else out there have trouble getting the front wheel off the ground? Maybe I am still a little tentative but the "roll on wheelie" technique doesn't seem to work on my 07.

PLEASE no lectures just answers.

Anyone else out there have trouble getting the front wheel off the ground? Maybe I am still a little tentative but the "roll on wheelie" technique doesn't seem to work on my 07.PLEASE no lectures just answers.
I have no problem it is more of a problem to keep it on the ground.

Maybe you have one of the "French Detuned Engines"? A loose nut behind the handlebars? A limp right wrist? Clogged airbox?

Pegscraper is selling his '03. The '03 is the documented as being the most powerful (Different cams and a shorter wheelbase/swingarm.), so maybe that would solve your dillemma.

Nevermind..... :dntknw:

IF rolling along @ 25 mph and snapping the throttle doesn't work? Others have complained that their bikes "accidently" came up under hard acceleration at that spped in low gear.......

Anyone else out there have trouble getting the front wheel off the ground? Maybe I am still a little tentative but the "roll on wheelie" technique doesn't seem to work on my 07.PLEASE no lectures just answers.
Do you mean a power wheelie like in going fast in second gear? Have you whacked the throttle yet? Bring motor up to 5k and whack it and make sure nothing is in front of you! And don't crash, thats bad.

The problem may be that the new bikes are not as fast as my 03 :lol:

SORRY I forgot no lectures. Yes sir!

Do you mean a power wheelie like in going fast in second gear? Have you whacked the throttle yet? Bring motor up to 5k and whack it and make sure nothing is in front of you! And don't crash, thats bad.

By "roll on wheelie" I mean just opening the throttle in first gear all the way until the wheel comes up. Maybe this only applies to sportbikes.

By "roll on wheelie" I mean just opening the throttle in first gear all the way until the wheel comes up. Maybe this only applies to sportbikes.
Um try it in second gear first, remember no crashing.

Yeah, let us know how you make out.....

:rolleyes:

Go to your dealer and order Yamaha part #5JW-TURBO-00-00.

At $895 for the part and usually about 2 hours dealer time to install it..you will be amazed at the performance increase. Just be careful as it's extremely easy to go from wheelie popping to handlebars touching the pavement behind the bike. Non-dyno estimates put that change at 40 bhp added.

Don't let them tell you it doesn't exist....they know all about it, but are reluctant to sell it as they can't mark it up as much as they'd like because of an agreement with Mama Yama. An extra 40 horse for about a grand is cheap power. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
At $895 for the part and usually about 2 hours dealer time to install it..you will be amazed at the performance increase. Just be careful as it's extremely easy to go from wheelie popping to handlebars touching the pavement behind the bike. Non-dyno estimates put that change at 40 bhp added.

Don't let them tell you it doesn't exist....they know all about it, but are reluctant to sell it as they can't mark it up as much as they'd like because of an agreement with Mama Yama. An extra 40 horse for about a grand is cheap power. :yahoo:
Thanks for the advice but the dealer told me someone named Ignacio bought them all for his sportster.

Pictures. I need to see pictures of this thing installed. Is it hideously obvious or engineered to blend cosmetically.

Get 'er up around 2500 RPM, grab a handful of throttle and, depending on the amount of grab, cover the rear brake pedal in case she comes up too far.

At $895 for the part and usually about 2 hours dealer time to install it..you will be amazed at the performance increase...
Pictures. I need to see pictures of this thing installed.
A couple of representative pixs of the stealth install:

psycho_bike.jpg

psycho_bike_3.jpg

Aw, come on! ... Wait a minute... You people are yanking chain. If an FJR Turbo really existed, at least one of you would have one just to whip Liter bikes in the QM.

Status
Not open for further replies.