Put the Colorado mountain passes in your GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhite518

Reaction score
Awhile back I created a Garmin Mapsource file that contains every single paved mountain pass in the state of Colorado, plus Mt. Evans and Pikes Peak. The file is posted on poi-factory.com and you can get it there, in GPX format so as to include non-Garmin users also. The site requires registration. If you don't want to register, just PM me with your email addy and I'll send it directly.

https://www.poi-factory.com/node/2419

Thanks Jerry! I'll send that file home and put it in the ol' Rino (POS).

One of the things I continually have problems with in planning around Colorado is that MS S&T wants to send me between some passes that are 4WD only. Seems there are several. If I was on a dual sport, I wouldn't mind much. But the FJR and lil' ol' me don't negotiate boulders very well!

One thing that IS cool about S&T is that is DOES name many (if not all) of the passes on the "regular" roads.

Looking forward to putting your file to great use! Thanks again!

Ok so I was bored and decided to try and make a route on Map source that encompassed all Jerry's points. I didn't spend a great deal of time doing this but if I put them in this order and map them using the 'shortest routes' properties I get 1855 miles to do them all....did I mention I was bored? :)

Cameron Pass

Rabbit Ears Pass

Muddy Pass

Gore Pass

Willow Creek Pass

Milner Pass

Fall River Pass

Berthoud Pass

Mount Evans

Loveland Pass

Hoosier Pass

Red Hill Pass

Kenosha Pass

Trout Creek Pass

Wilkerson Pass

Ute Pass

Pikes Peak

Poncha Pass

Monarch Pass

Cochetopa Pass

La Manga Pass

Cumbres Pass

Wolf Creek Pass

Spring Creek Pass

Slumgullion Pass

Molas Pass

Coal Bank Pass

Lizard Head Pass

Red Mountain Pass

Dallas Divide

Cerro Summit

Jones Summit

Gypsum Gap

Unaweep Divide

Douglas Pass

McClure Pass

Independence Pass

Tennessee Pass

Fremont Pass

Vail Pass

Ok so I was bored and decided to try and make a route on Map source that encompassed all Jerry's points. I didn't spend a great deal of time doing this but if I put them in this order and map them using the 'shortest routes' properties I get 1855 miles to do them all....did I mention I was bored? :)
Hey, chop out a few and you've got yourself a Bun Burner Gold!