Question for KC area members

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold my 05 FJR last fall and waiting to see what 09 model will be like this year. I noticed you are considering D&H which I've considered as well for next purchase. I did use D&H to get the Yamaha extended service plan since they were far cheaper than any other KC dealer.

Interested in how you come out on your purchase when you do decide. Shawnee would only knock $500 off list on my 05 when I bought it from them. Good luck with your purchase.

Sold my 05 FJR last fall and waiting to see what 09 model will be like this year. I noticed you are considering D&H which I've considered as well for next purchase. I did use D&H to get the Yamaha extended service plan since they were far cheaper than any other KC dealer.
Interested in how you come out on your purchase when you do decide. Shawnee would only knock $500 off list on my 05 when I bought it from them. Good luck with your purchase.
Shawnee, Renos, Powersports up North, all knocked $900 off MSRP otd, not counting tax for the KS dealer.

D&H in cullman AL knocked an additional $900 off so I'm strongly considering flying down there and having a good ride back.

Lee

I purchased my 2004 FJR from Reno's and the purchase went very smooth. The dealership is only 10 minutes south of my location and I purchased from them for that primary reason. They have also done the service work that I am not able to do myself and I am been satisified with their work.
Looks like my purchase will be at D&H and not Renos. The $900 difference was too much to absorb for a deal at the close-to-home dealer.

I trust they will service my FJR, once I get it, very well regardless of where it was purchased. I understand their lack of willingness to go lower and don't hold it against them. They obviously know what they need to do so their business thrives.

Lee

Hi, I recently joined after lurking for some months.I'm shopping for an '08.

There seem to be from the member map about a dozen members w/in the greater KC area.

Where did you all buy?

Where do you have service?

Any dealers to stay away from?

I checked the dealer feedback discussion and did a search for KC, MO, KS and didn't get anything helpful to my search.

My closest dealer is Renos but I've mainly dealt with Freedom Kawa b/c I own a Kaw Vulcan cruiser.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lee
Renos has done a great job on my FRJ (2005), got no beef with them, fair prices good service and no come backs from me. I can't stand Freedom, their service department just has very poor knowledge on about anything.

Renos is good

Hi, I recently joined after lurking for some months.I'm shopping for an '08.

There seem to be from the member map about a dozen members w/in the greater KC area.

Where did you all buy?

Where do you have service?

Any dealers to stay away from?

I checked the dealer feedback discussion and did a search for KC, MO, KS and didn't get anything helpful to my search.

My closest dealer is Renos but I've mainly dealt with Freedom Kawa b/c I own a Kaw Vulcan cruiser.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lee
Renos has done a great job on my FRJ (2005), got no beef with them, fair prices good service and no come backs from me. I can't stand Freedom, their service department just has very poor knowledge on about anything.

Renos is good
I've heard more good about Renos than other Yamaha dealers. I've got nothing to really complain about Freedom. They have done several tire changes for me and a coolant flush. That is it. They currently have my rear wheel from my mean streak there for a tire install. The price of the tire sucked and when I called them today I was told the tire had not come in yet and it might be done next Tuesday. When I got home there was a phone message that said that my tire was done. Of course, by that time I had not driven there on my way home and it was too late to get there before closing. It would have been nice if they had their stories straight.

I'll be looking forward to trying out Renos since they are closer to me than Freedom.