Question for people that own the Lee Parks Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Squirrel

Reaction score
Are they water resistant? If so, how long before they soak through?

Anyone have the ones with the phase change material? If so, do you think they were worth the price?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have them, but I have the Aerostich Elkskin Gauntlet Gloves that are pretty similar in material and design. I just tried on the Lee Parks ones at the Progressive show a few weeks ago, so I know it's a pretty good comparison. These gloves--and L.P.'s gloves--are not waterproof, but I rubbed some waxy stuff into them and they resist light rain pretty well. I also bought a couple of pairs of these from the Rider Warehouse catalog (@$3 ea.) for heavy rain. They're really just extra large dishwashing-type gloves, completely waterproof, and plenty durable. They're always in the side bag. And so attractive.

436_2c.jpg

I really like the weight and sensitivity of the elkskin gloves. They gauntlets keep wind out and they're warm enough almost all the time, especially with the heated grips. I have a pair of silk liners I've never had to bother using. In summer they're light enough to not be TOO warm, but I do go to a vented glove when it's really HOT.

At the Seattle MC show this year, I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of Lee's winter gloves. Spoke to Lee about the gloves and he said as sold, they are not waterproof. He recommended any of the commercial waterproofing materials, specifically mentioning Sno Seal as a good one to use.

In the end I didn't cough up the $$$ for them.

--G

I had tried the RoadGear phase changing gloves a couple years back. Bought them at the cycle show. They were touted to be the best option to go with heated grips. I didn't think they worked worth a damn and returned them. Ended up with the FirstGear TPG cold weather leather gloves, they have no insulation on the palm and work well with the grips down to about 30. Then I break out the Gerbings.

I have the Lee Parks gloves and they are not water resistant. They will soak through in a light rain in less than 30 minutes, I don't use any water repellant treatment on them.

They are my all time favorite gloves, I love them. They work great in the hot Summer days of SE Texas, perhaps the tan color helps there.

]I really like the weight and sensitivity of the elkskin gloves. They gauntlets keep wind out and they're warm enough almost all the time, especially with the heated grips.
I have the Lee Parks gloves and they are not water resistant. They will soak through in a light rain in less than 30 minutes, I don't use any water repellant treatment on them.

They are my all time favorite gloves, I love them. They work great in the hot Summer days of SE Texas, perhaps the tan color helps there.
I bought a pair last year and have been thrilled with them thus far down to 40 degrees and they are my every day go to gloves. Have not tried them in the rain but I would imagine they are not waterproof. A solution such as SacMike's would probably do well to fight off the rain... even if they're green... sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. ;)

I have two pairs of the Lee Parks Gloves (one pair with gauntlet and one without). They are my preferred gloved for most rides and I highly recommend them. As indicated they are not water resistant/proof. I have not tried the phase change gloves. I carry a pair of BMW Winter Pro or Summer Pro gloves as required for a true waterproof glove with insulating properities

I too have a pair of Lee Park gloves. I doubt that they are waterproof but what they are is durable. I was wearing them in a get off and suffered no hand injuries and they have a few scuffs (battle scars) but are still quite usable. I now love them even more now.