Question on 2004 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberwolf

Reaction score
I have been looking a FJR for a while now. Well my unlce who sells Harleys just got a 2004 FJR with 14050 miles and Givi Top trunk and light kit. They will sell it to me for 5500 plus tax and tags. So all together with fees it will run $6122. I was wondering if you guys think this is a good deal?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Jump on that before someone else does, even if it's not an ABS model. If it IS an ABS '04, you should have been riding it yesterday.

If I had 6-grand to blow, I'd be there tomorrow.

Well guys I drank a big heaping glass of the Kool Aid and went for it!!! So finally after 2 years of looking and riding a little Honda Magna V30, I am a proud new owner of a 2004 FJR!!!! I will most likely be getting it sometime this weekend. Sadly my ride will most Likely be a short one. Ride from dealer to my Uncle's house to park it for the winter. But I am really excited!!! My wife told me not to ask for anything anytime soon.

Well guys I drank a big heaping glass of the Kool Aid and went for it!!! So finally after 2 years of looking and riding a little Honda Magna V30, I am a proud new owner of a 2004 FJR!!!! I will most likely be getting it sometime this weekend. Sadly my ride will most Likely be a short one. Ride from dealer to my Uncle's house to park it for the winter. But I am really excited!!! My wife told me not to ask for anything anytime soon.

Winter...don't see where ye hailing from, but there is no stinking winter with the FJR.....No longer on the Magna baby, it's year round riding....okay except a few spots where there is ice, snow, blizzards, but barring that stuff, ride on...

No way I could buy a new bike and park it, no way.....

Just sayin.....Enjoy the new ride, it's a great year for the FJR. Welcome to the forum as a owner.

Congratulations. You're going to anticipate, and then enjoy spring when you get to take her out for the next many months. Welcome to the assimilated.

Congratulations and welcome. Not sure how long you have been riding but be carefull the jump from V-30 Magna to an FJR is huge (weight and horsepower). Take it easy while getting used to the new ride, you will love it.

I have been looking a FJR for a while now. Well my unlce who sells Harleys just got a 2004 FJR with 14050 miles and Givi Top trunk and light kit. They will sell it to me for 5500 plus tax and tags. So all together with fees it will run $6122. I was wondering if you guys think this is a good deal? Thanks
Welcome home from another 2004 owner. That Magna was / is a fast bike for it's size but your in for a treat with the Feejer. I got mine just a couple months ago and managed to get a couple thousand miles on it so far.

Later

Scooper

Good Job! I bought my 2004 abs for 8000 2 years ago with the same mileage. I love this bike..........Keep the rubber down......... :ph34r:

Way to go, T-wolf.

Now, google-up "winterize site:www.fjrforum.com" and pay attention to posts from oldtimers on how to prepare your new baby for its hibernation.

:thumbsupsmiley:

Thank you for all encouragement! I was able to ride a 09 model for a good bit. So getting use to the power should be no problem. I signed all the paperwork tonight. So all I have to do is bring her home and prey we have short winter.

Also you guys have been a big help in learning process. So thank you and I look forward to learning more!