Quick question for NorCal Folks on 1st Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbium

Reaction score
I live in the East Bay of Northern Kalifornia, and I need to get my 2007 FJR in for it's 600 mile service. Does anyone have any recommendations for dealer service close to me. The Yamaha website shows that East Bay Motorsports and Malott's (Manteca) are both Five Star Certified, but I'm not sure if that means a whole lot to me.

Going forward I'll be doing the maintenance myself. I want to take it in for the first service because I want a couple of issues documented. The first being surging and altitude hesitation (probably related), and the second issue is this ticking noise I hear. The ticking isn't too loud, but it is there. And I think I had better get it on record with Yamaha after reading some of the posts about it.

Thanks.

I live in the East Bay of Northern Kalifornia, and I need to get my 2007 FJR in for it's 600 mile service. Does anyone have any recommendations for dealer service close to me. The Yamaha website shows that East Bay Motorsports and Malott's (Manteca) are both Five Star Certified, but I'm not sure if that means a whole lot to me.
Going forward I'll be doing the maintenance myself. I want to take it in for the first service because I want a couple of issues documented. The first being surging and altitude hesitation (probably related), and the second issue is this ticking noise I hear. The ticking isn't too loud, but it is there. And I think I had better get it on record with Yamaha after reading some of the posts about it.

Thanks.
Roseville Yamaha is NorCal's best FJR shop period. The Maintenance Manager, Zac, owns an FJR and they take care of a LOT of us. Honest, first rate, knowledgeable about all these issues and working with the factory to help troubleshoot them.

I know it's kind of far for you, but they are the best.

oh yeah, IMO.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks.
Roseville Yamaha is NorCal's best FJR shop period. The Maintenance Manager, Zac, owns an FJR and they take care of a LOT of us. Honest, first rate, knowledgeable about all these issues and working with the factory to help troubleshoot them.

I know it's kind of far for you, but they are the best.

oh yeah, IMO.

Just because I said all that doesn't mean that people closer than you shouldn't chime in. I am sure there are more than plenty dealers that can do the 600 mile service. Really, other services are more important in my mind. Are you going to do your own Throttle body syncs?

I did mine myself. Wasn't too bad. The oil drain bolt is on tight (31 ft/lbs my a$$). Make sure to use a six sided socket if you do it on your own.

Going forward I will do my own maintenance, including TBS. I just want a few things documented right out of the chute, just in case it becomes an issue later.

Thanks.

I did mine myself. Wasn't too bad. The oil drain bolt is on tight (31 ft/lbs my a$$). Make sure to use a six sided socket if you do it on your own.

I do my own maintanance so this is 2nd hand info but Feejer/Weejerman had a good experience at GP motorsports of Santa Clara and I have heard others speak well of them. I cannot say the same of East Bay motorsports in Hayward although they do change my tires for $25 a wheel which seems reasonable.

If you wanna try a TBS and don't have a carb tune device yet send me a PM sometime. I have a Motion Pro economy device that works fine and all necessary stuff. We could do it in my garage in San Ramon in an hour or so. I have never done a Gen 2 but we have FJRtech and the forum to find out whats different. Excellent resources here for sure

I do my own maintanance so this is 2nd hand info but Feejer/Weejerman had a good experience at GP motorsports of Santa Clara and I have heard others speak well of them. I cannot say the same of East Bay motorsports in Hayward although they do change my tires for $25 a wheel which seems reasonable.
If you wanna try a TBS and don't have a carb tune device yet send me a PM sometime. I have a Motion Pro economy device that works fine and all necessary stuff. We could do it in my garage in San Ramon in an hour or so. I have never done a Gen 2 but we have FJRtech and the forum to find out whats different. Excellent resources here for sure
I appreciate the offer. Thank you.

'New',I've done all my own work for the past 25hrs but this past spring I spun a rod bearing on my 05 R1 at thetrack. That kind of repair work is out of my league. I ended up at Highgear Power Sports in Gilroy. I know the service manage , Peter Sirett, from his many years running theservice dept. at Honda Milpitas. Anyways they took care of me. With a total bill of ~ $3400, I only hadto pick up about $850 with Yamaha picking up the rest as customer good will. Pete went to bat for meas the spun bearing should not have happened. Not bad for a bike 18 months out of warranty and no YES. Anyways, it's one good experience and a possible data point for you.Regards,GarySan JoseWell that was a class A typo ... been doing all my own work forthe past 25 YEARS ....Gary

Latest posts