Quieter Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't find quieter than stock. Try ear plugs.
That's what I figured. How's bout lighter? I am not sure how heavy stockers are, but my experience with other models is that they tend to be alot heavier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock exhaust is extremely light for oem. 10lbs per side. My Leo Vince carbon fiber cans are only a few pounds per side and barely, if at all louder than stock.

Wow the stock exhaust is really quiet already. Instead of considering spending $700 on a different exhaust, how about 50 cents for a pair of earplugs?

Stock exhaust is extremely light for oem. 10lbs per side. My Leo Vince carbon fiber cans are only a few pounds per side and barely, if at all louder than stock.
I have a set of Leo Vince cans - not the carbon fibre. they are lighter than stock and were almost as quiet at first (with the extra baffles). Over the course of 30,000 miles, they became gradually louder until I decided to put the OEM's back on. Plan to repack the LV cans but haven't gotten around to it. I'm happy with the OEM for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of any quieter and lighter exhaust than stock? Mainly quieter.

Thanks
I don't know how an after market exhaust system could be quieter that stock.

They are already as quiet as a mouse pi$$en on cotton.

That is light. I pulled the stockers off an Vulcan VN2000 one time and couldn't believe how much heavier they were then the muzzys I had planned. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know of any quieter and lighter exhaust than stock? Mainly quieter.

Thanks
WTF???? Drive an electric car instead. :blink:

I actually can't stand how quiet the stock exhaust is and you hear the motor whinning all the time which is why I got aftermarket exhaust that actually has a nice sporty note to it.

Everyone is different...I know. Too each his own.

+1 on the earplug suggestion btw.

Um, just a thought: Did you buy your bike new? Do you know that it's the stock exhaust?

I can't think of any motorcycle around that's got quieter mufflers stock, except maybe a Gold Wing.

For quieter you might try new oem mufflers. Find someone local with a newer bike and compare. Any chance your cans have been modified?

The OP asked a valid question. I joined the forum for the same reasons most people did, to gather info and meet riding buddies. When I saw the title I knew the vultures would circle and attack. Good job knuckle heads. :angry: