Quieter Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. The question was answered several times before the thread went south, and even then there were a couple of valid suggestions.

Loud pipes saves lives.

and kill my Candy Butt Ass rides too.

I get where the OP is coming from -

I too want max performance from minimal sound.

Yes, and I want my cake and want to...

I would think that any sound heard from the stock exhaust even at high rpms would be difficult to reduce. Much of that sound resignates from from the engine and air box and the pipes themselves.

The OP asked a valid question. I joined the forum for the same reasons most people did, to gather info and meet riding buddies. When I saw the title I knew the vultures would circle and attack. Good job knuckle heads. :angry:
Valid question? I say there IS such a thing as a stupid question. :) (No offense there bthomas) So unclench those tighty-whiteys there just a bit fjrob1300. ;)

Sounds like buying new cans to cut the weight 5-10 pounds will just make your wallet lighter, since there are no cans that sound quieter than stock out there. If you just want to ride around with that much of a weight reduction, just don't fill the gas tank up by one gallon and ride around with an average of one less gallon of gas in the tank? That will save you eight pounds on average plus the cost of a gallon of gas permanently. Now, how's that for the most economical post on this topic?

Personally, the stock cans look ok. Sound ok. And the weight is not excessive. $700-$1k is alot to spend for looks and a couple more horses under the hood. Save the money and spend it on the wife or gf. Trust me, you will get alot more bang for the buck there (no pun intended).

The OP asked a valid question. I joined the forum for the same reasons most people did, to gather info and meet riding buddies. When I saw the title I knew the vultures would circle and attack. Good job knuckle heads. :angry:
Valid question? I say there IS such a thing as a stupid question. :) (No offense there bthomas) So unclench those tighty-whiteys there just a bit fjrob1300. ;)

Thanks for the reality check.