Rain gear recommendations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try arcteryx rain gear.it is bullet proof.swear buy the stuff.the gortex shells are lightweight and allow you to wear your regular gear under.the stuff is expensive but they will custom size to fit.and any ripps or tears you just send it back and they fix it.check it out really dont think you will find better stuff

I liked Frogg Toggs for both rain protection and windbreak until I blew out 2 jackets this year. Both jackets ripped open during riding. I never noticed in light rain, but in a gully washer last fall I found the pants are too short and filled my boots from the top, and their longest don't match up with my inseam.

I have a Defender on order, but the sizing chart doesn't list my inseam size so I am guessing it will be too short also.

I can't say anything good on the Frogg Toggs. I wore them roughly a half dozen times. They kept me dry on the first ride only.

Here is what I use.

They work excellent, it breaths, definitly keeps you dry. I'm in no way connected to the site in the link. Only showing the brand and sizes it comes in.

Toggs, but they are a touchy subject around here with some :)

I've had my standard set now for 3 years and they still work well, just used them the other day in a frogg strangler and only my feet and hands were wet because I didn't have the right gloves or boots.

They are really showing some wear though, but the value vs. cost proposition is great. I think I paid $30 for my original set direct from Toggs on closeout (goofy color).

I just recently purchased the bib-set for $23.00 (had posted a link). They are bigger but should work even better. They are thin enough that if you happen to get soaked before you get them on you can put them under your mesh or other gear.

They don't breath as well as advertised but better than most plastic stuff and good enough for me.

I bought last years Tour Master rain gear for $20 for top and bottom and got a chance to use them in some thunder and rain in UT a few weeks ago and they worked great. Now if I could only find the right anti fogging products.