Rain liners - Are you an innie or outie?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys and Gals,Its been a while since I posted, been reading what MadMike ,toecutter said. I weaqr my jacket liner under mine all the time as well as when wearing Gerbene(SPELLING) when realy cold, but they all work great in my mind which is'nt much. Still mlooking for a job mike :yahoo: ?

rogerfjrfaster :clapping:

I interpreted his question to be "that's the way they sell 'em but I can still buy over-gear. Which do you prefer?"
I never saw a *don't respond to this thread if you have no motoport specific experience*
+1

And Wayne also sells over-gear. Last time I checked, it was significantly cheaper than the liners that match the kevlar mesh.

I wouldn't want to try to be getting into and out of anything over my mesh outfit. It's plenty comfortable, but it's also plenty bulky.

However...the sleeves are too short. In heavy rain for an extended period, the water runs through the mesh (duh), down the outside of the liner and into your gloves. If you have on a long sleeve shirt the water also wicks up the sleeve and you're wet to the elbow.
I'm thinking these will be a future add for my gear arsenal. I got some overgloves in Park City but they aren't breathable and get wet from condensation on cold, dry rides. Apparently, nobody makes something like this in Gore Tex or other breathable membrane.
Mountain bikers have been using something similar for years. I use an old pair of ice climbing gloves. They are mitts with a trigger finger that was origionally used for opening the gate on caribiners and manipulting ropes. These were a goretex type material.

In general, I use the rain liner in my gear more as a cool-weather liner. For cold I add the quilted liner, too.
Like today.

Great riding weather :yahoo:
Yes, it was. Got out for quite a while, but not many miles, actually. I was looking for stuff for the kitchen improvements, but rode to all the places. Started at 30 degrees, warmed up fast and hit high 50s about 3:00, had to shed layers all day, then had supper at Dad's, and had to put it all back on to get home.

Um, sorry for the thread hijack, guys. But it was an epic riding weather day.

Last edited by a moderator: