RAIN X on windshield and helmet visor ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put it on a Goldwing Windshield and it was wonderful...for about two weeks, then it started getting "funky", then got whitish looking. After another month, you couldn't even see through the damed thing any longer. I tried every cleaner in the world and could not get the crap off. Works good on glass, but don't put it on plastic. The lable says not to also.

Ed :unsure:

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put it on a Goldwing Windshield and it was wonderful...for about two weeks, then it started getting "funky", then got whitish looking. After another month, you couldn't even see through the damed thing any longer. I tried every cleaner in the world and could not get the crap off. Works good on glass, but don't put it on plastic. The lable says not to also.Ed :unsure:

Yea I have a ton of different waxes and I think Ill stick with that for now.... :) Ive tested it on plastics in the past and they got screwed, but it was not a Yamaha wind shield, that why I posted............. Thanks for posting your info !!!!

Try Mequiars Plastic Cleaner (removes small scratches) and #10 Professional Plastic Polish, been using it for years on visors and windshields, works excellent.

I have an EXO700 and I called the company. They said it's OK to use Rain X on it. Just make sure you go over it with a clean cloth and a splash of soapy water. It gets the haze all the way off.

I'm reading the back of the bottle of Rain-X as I write, and I quote: "Do not use on plastics unless pre-approved by the manufacturer of the plastic to be treated." They also warn not to use on or allow product to contact painted surfaces which tells me it's potentially corrosive. I'm not a risk taker when there are other products out there that work well. Plexus works for me.

I got a milky/hazy spot from using Rain X on my 07's windshield. Switched to Plexus and now prefer it.