Ram Base Mount for Helibar Triple Clamp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poudre Dude

Reaction score
I have the Helibars HR triple clamp with the predrilled holes for RAM mounts on my '09 FJR. Helibars says I need a Ram Base mount with a 3/8"x16 pitch bolt. The makers of Ram products say their Ram Base (B349U) is M10x1.25 pitch. Is 3/8"x16 pitch the same as M10x1.25 pitch?

Metric and standard threads definitely don't mix. Take a look Here for Ram mount accessories. I think what Heli is referring to is a standard Ram ball with male threads.

--G

Edit -- After a little searching you need a Ram B236 for 3/8"-16 thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Helibars installed, and I have some handlebar mirrors with a 10mm x 1.25 thread that I'm not using, so I tested it and the ram mount in the helibars is definitely smaller than 10 mm.

The 349U fits the unused mirror mount on the clutch side, though. I used it for my 2610. Gen-I bikes have a mirror mount on the right side as well that's not there on Gen-II bikes, but it's left-hand thread, so the 349U doesn't fit there. For the Heli mount, the B236 is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 349U fits the unused mirror mount on the clutch side, though. I used it for my 2610. Gen-I bikes have a mirror mount on the right side as well that's not there on Gen-II bikes, but it's left-hand thread, so the 349U doesn't fit there. For the Heli mount, the B236 is correct.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, my '04 does not have a functional mirror mount on the right, only on the left

the front brake lever mount/clamp has a barrel shaped casting like it has one, but it's solid (no cap to remove from a hole)

kinda wish it was functional as I'd have somewhere else to add more shit to my "cockpit"- had considered putting the cruise control controls on the right side as the left already has my hand/fingers busy with CB, music, & GPS

be interesting if it can be drilled and tapped like the left side or if that would damage the braking system somehow

I think it can be seen in my pics (can click on them in my sig below)

be interesting if it can be drilled and tapped like the left side or if that would damage the braking system somehow
I think it can be seen in my pics (can click on them in my sig below)
Yep, it's been done. I can't find the thread or pictures but..... :unsure: