Random FJR fact of the day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcfjr

Reaction score
After the big RIF last year at work, I inherited responsibility for the soda machine - a vital caffeine lifeline to the software developers at my office. It doesn't take much time - about 5 minutes a week - and at 35 cents each it's good for morale, so I don't sweat it, in spite of my overly lofty job description. A guy from the main office in Orange County brings the sodas I need once a week, so all I have to do is load it up and do the monthly accounting.

There was a big run on Diet Coke this week, and the regular delivery is delayed until Monday, so I had to bring in an emergency 12-pack today on my FJR. I looked around for some bungies to tie the box down to the stock rear rack, but couldn't find any. On a whim I decided to test the box in the right saddle bag to see how many I'd have to pull out to make it fit - and was somewhat surprised that the box fit inside as is.

In the past I've loaded up two one-gallon containers - a milk and an orange juice - in one saddle bag, so I knew they were big. I just didn't think they were that big.

After the big RIF last year at work, I inherited responsibility for the soda machine - a vital caffeine lifeline to the software developers at my office. It doesn't take much time - about 5 minutes a week - and at 35 cents each it's good for morale, so I don't sweat it, in spite of my overly lofty job description. A guy from the main office in Orange County brings the sodas I need once a week, so all I have to do is load it up and do the monthly accounting.
There was a big run on Diet Coke this week, and the regular delivery is delayed until Monday, so I had to bring in an emergency 12-pack today on my FJR. I looked around for some bungies to tie the box down to the stock rear rack, but couldn't find any. On a whim I decided to test the box in the right saddle bag to see how many I'd have to pull out to make it fit - and was somewhat surprised that the box fit inside as is.

In the past I've loaded up two one-gallon containers - a milk and an orange juice - in one saddle bag, so I knew they were big. I just didn't think they were that big.

Ain't Big Enough.

Last year I took my bike on one of my monthly trips up the coast, I could not fit my lap top in the side case I had to strap it to the pillion.

Although the Dip-S#### I bought the bike from side he kept his computer in the side case.

It got to be a pain because everytime I stopped I had to unstrap the Laptop and take it with me, in fear of someone walking off with it.

If you don't mind the weight, 2 24-packs go in a Givi E52 with a little room left.

Or a 6-roll pack of paper towels.

You can put the gallon of milk in the side case, fasten the strap to retain it, and two loaves of bread will go in the cover as it closes, with a minimum of squishing.

If you buy frozen dinners, one or two of those will go above and below your 12-pack in the side case.

I know this is a little off topic, but I used to strap 50 lb. bags of Purina Pig Chow to the back of my 750 Sabre back in the day. Arlene and Arnold Ziffle were both guests of honor at our annual pig roasts. This feed and leftover keg beer from a nearby liquor store made for mighty tasty spit-roasted pork.

most 12 packs of ice cold ...ahhh,.... ahhh,..... Soda? fit in the side bags with room to spare for important travel items like Pork rinds, to go along with the ...err....err... soda! :yahoo:

The 24 pack cubes fit one per bag while using the straps. Looks like the bag was made for it. Unloading those at work makes for plenty of commentary too.

DietPepsi24pack.jpg

You can put the gallon of milk in the side case, fasten the strap to retain it, and two loaves of bread will go in the cover as it closes, with a minimum of squishing.
More random facts of the day: If a gallon of milk bails off the back, the splash will stain the road for months.

Just an FYI

The side case is water tight.

So you can fill it with ice and your favorite carbonated beverage :drinks: and have a cold one when you get to where you are going.

Please note: remove the case and place on ground before opening ( we need a waterfall smiley )

Tip, never ride to a world famous fish and chips place 100 miles away with the intent of wrapping the fish in lots of newspaper and having it for dinner when you get home.

I fully expected to find bear claw marks all over my bike for months after.

Ain't Big Enough.

Last year I took my bike on one of my monthly trips up the coast, I could not fit my lap top in the side case I had to strap it to the pillion.

Although the Dip-S#### I bought the bike from side he kept his computer in the side case.

It got to be a pain because everytime I stopped I had to unstrap the Laptop and take it with me, in fear of someone walking off with it.
Probably a good case for buying an iPad, I am sure it will fit nicely! :)

Duke, paging Duke :rolleyes:

My big ole ass fits nicely on my driver seat :clapping:

OK...storys of choosing to bring home leftovers from the eatery...usually in those styrofoam closing tray like thingies :blink:

let's just say Moo Goo Gai Pan is a bitch to get it all out of the bottom of a Yammy topbox :glare:

Ain't Big Enough.

Probably a good case for buying an iPad, I am sure it will fit nicely! :)
Well actually, my Macbook (13 inch screen) in its padded sleeve fits in perfectly in the pannier. Probably some notebook are just bigger than others.