Really bad day today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad. I understand. But you did the right thing. Many humans keep their friends alive too long while they live in pain. Which isn't fair to the superior creature. Best to both of you wonderful humans.

Sorry for your loss Fred. Sounds like Petey went out knowing that you all love him. What more can a pet?

Sorry for your loss, Fred. Had to do that about a half dozen times. It killed me every time. The last one hurt as much as the first. Dogs are the best things ever.

Round here we believe in the rainbow bridge ! Google it if you are unfamiliar. It is quite comforting.

We lost our Lucy Loo last June 17th to an agressive cancer, only 7 years old. Its a tough loss for sure. My condolences.

Bad day, indeed. Sorry, man. My little one was buried last month. 14 years old.

Sorry for your loss Fred. We had to put down our 11 year old black lab Mikey a couple years ago, so I feel your pain.

Sorry for your loss Fred, I feel your pain. Almost 16 years ago my lovely Daughter who was a junior in High School at the time coerced me into accepting a orange tabby tomcat into the household. My ex wife foisted him upon us and I reluctantly agreed with the condition that the cat move on campus with her once she had an apartment. We named the beast Seamus after a drunken Irish soccer hooligan we met in Memphis many years ago.(All soccer hooligans are drunk, am I being redundant?) He was a very good cat who had lots of personality. He could be cantankerous one moment and lovable the next. Of course the kid welched out on the deal and he became my pet. About a month ago he became very ill, lost weight and control of his bladder and I had the vet put him down so he would suffer no longer. The wife and I lost her dog about 3 years ago and with the passing of Seamus we are now petless. I miss him a lot and know that we shouldn't get any other pets since we like to spontaneously get out and ride but that void is still there. I planted forget-me-nots on his grave so I have to spend a little time with him every couple of days. It will get better but it takes some time especially since you had him for a long time.

Fred sorry for your loss, especially with a friend/pet named Petey...
sadsmiley.gif

For some odd reason, I have a very difficult time dealing with losing a dog. My Black Mouth Cur was my best friend, and a few years ago I had to put him down. I cried, I mean uncontrollable crying for 3 weeks daily. When my parents passed away, I tried to cry, but couldn't, and I loved them dearly. But that dog touched something inside me, a place in my heart that I didn't know about. To this day, if I start thinking of him, I'll start crying.

My condolences to losing a dear, dear friend.

Tears rolling down my face as I read this, Fred. I love my three dogs about as much as anything in this world, except for my wife. I dread the inevitable day, but it will come. Really feeling for you and Joann.
cry.gif

RIP Petey.
sadsmiley.gif
I feel your loss. I think I'm getting close with my Basset Hound "Flash" . The pain never leaves but time helps.

JUST A DOG

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"
or "that's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance travelled, the time spent,
or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog,"
but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought aobut by
"just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch
of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you probably understand
phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship,
trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience
that make me a better person.
Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look
longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog"
but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future,
the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts
away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that its' not "just a dog"
but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being
"just a man" or "just a woman."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog,"
just smile,
because they "just don't understand."

~Unknown Author~
I have this framed on the wall in my family room. Lost my best buddy of 15 years, "Deuce", in April. Buster, my avatar photo, is still hangin' in at 12.

I can only say that nobody could have loved Deuce and Buster more than my wife and I. I promised my "boys" I would take the best care of them I possibly could and I did.

I'm sure you and your wife feel the same way. I'm sorry for your loss.

CBM

Fred, so very sorry to read the news of Petey, may he rest comfortably.

Your encounter resonates with so many of us. I've lost 2 life long buds in the last 20 months, and I know that we have to make the difficult choice for our loyal friends. It took us about 6 months to let our hearts be taken by another puppy.

Good boy Petey, good boy.

Sorry for your loss.

Here's a poem for you and your family...

You Did Me a Kindness

When my legs grew too weak to carry me,

And my tired eyes could no longer see,

When it pained me to struggle for each new breath,

When my heart beat weaker, and I drew closer to death,

You did me the kindness of letting me go.

You didn't make me hang on when I was suffering so.

I promise I don't think that you loved me any less,

And I love you all the more for your selflessness.

You freed my spirit from its body so wracked with pain,

And let me run the fields of Heaven, where I'm sure we'll meet again.

Sorry for your loss.Here's a poem for you and your family...

You Did Me a Kindness

When my legs grew too weak to carry me,

And my tired eyes could no longer see,

When it pained me to struggle for each new breath,

When my heart beat weaker, and I drew closer to death,

You did me the kindness of letting me go.

You didn't make me hang on when I was suffering so.

I promise I don't think that you loved me any less,

And I love you all the more for your selflessness.

You freed my spirit from its body so wracked with pain,

And let me run the fields of Heaven, where I'm sure we'll meet again.
That brought tears...