rear tip over guard with out hard cases

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cctxfjr

Reaction score
anybody know what part of the muffler contacts the ground first in tip over without hard cases-I ride solo and generally ride without side cases. I was looking at fabing a bracket from the passenger foot peg mount to the rear muffler mount bolt to protect from a tip over with out cases. I have a welding/machine shop and we can do about any kind of fab work. Thought about laying the bike over with my forklift to check but was afraid of damage.

yeah cctx,

i had the pleasure and honor of dropping my baby a few weeks after I got her. The can on the left side ended up with a couple of small scrapes about 8 am on the pipe. no biggie and you can't see it unless you look under the pipe. I had Motovation sliders and no bags. Got a small scratch on the clutch lever, scrapped the slider, got a scrap on the foot peg and the mirror was really bad. got her painted and she is as good as new now. My advise, don't drop her. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Whatever it is that grounds first in the workshop may be different to when cornering with the suspension compressed.

Whatever it is that grounds first in the workshop may be different to when cornering with the suspension compressed.
Good point-I was mostly concerned with the 0 speed or parking lot drops-should be some way to protect these bikes and avoid the costly damage/stress of these low/0 speed drops-as we all know the weight of this bike or (any big bike for that matter) is an issue in stop and low speed conditions when somwthing unexpected occurs