Rear Trunk or Rear Rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will keep you posted, but everywhere I try to order it is on back order for an unknown amount of time. I will keep an eye on eBay. If anybody has any ideas let me know. I have tried the LD, boats.net and a couple others.

Thanks,

E

I think it is better you wait for the new improved mounting plate..I ordered yesterday in my local dealer the new 5JW-W0720-21 mounting plate and he told me that i will receive it in about two weeks..

I am very curious to see which are the differences in the new plate..?!
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try that part number. I have fabbed up entire bikes, so I am tempted to make my own instead of wait. The old style was back ordered until late July.

Guys I had a 06 I bought used and had it at the dealer last year for new tires and he asked if I had a Yamaha rear trunk to go with the side bags, and I did. He then asked if I new if the updated rear rack had been installed under recall wty, I didn't know, so he got the vin numbers off the bike and ran a check and it had 2 recalls that had not been done and one was updated top case mount, the other was for the ground wire....

So maybe check with your dealers about any recalls that your bike might be due and hasn't had it before you buy the new brackets.

Hey it don't cost a dime to ask and you might get it free and installed like I did !!

Yamaha has changed and has improved this plate three times!!
5JW-W0720-00 from 2001-2006..5JW-W0720-20 reinforced it from 2007 until the last month now,and now she offers the new part number 5JW-W0720-21..!
I am very curious which are the differences in the new plate..?!
rolleyes.gif

They put ALL the rubber feet on oriented in the same direction???
I really don't know what will be the differences,but from what i have seen in their new mounting plate for the new 50 L top case,they have install metal pipes in the holes for the bolts.Perhaps they have install the same things or and some other reinforcements in the new part number?!Will see,i will get it in about one week.I will inform you what are the differences or and the reinforcements in the new plate..
rolleyes.gif
smile.png

The new plate for the 50L top case,you can see the metal pipes in the holes..

The new 50L top case:

Well,I have the new mounting plate 5JW-W0720-21 in my hands.The only visible differences are that they have installed three aluminium tube spacers inside the three holes for the bolts,and the two rear rubber bumpers are glued now in a different position than the two front.Horizontal for the two front,Vertical for the two rear rubber bumpers.A very good move from Yamaha i believe,because these three aluminium tubes reinforces the plate in this area,because in the previously part number mounting plates,the plates are cracked in this area and secondly,now the bolts keeping the tightening torque for a long time because the bolts now they do contact metal to metal and not metal to plastic than before.They changed and the mounting plates for the 06/-13 fjr,from the old part number 5VS-W0720-20 to new part number 5VS-W0720-21,installed the same aluminium tubes inside the three holes.

I will post some pictures from the new mounting plate in a few hours to see what i mean..
smile.png

The pictures of the new mounting plate 5JW-W0720-21 with the aluminium tubes installed and the rear rubber bumpers in vertical position.

After the installation in my bike i noticed that the rear mounting plate with the rear trunk is now much more stiffener and durable than the old part number mounting plate!