Recommend a good dealer in WA or ID?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayward_Traveller

Reaction score
I looked through all the dealer feedbacks and didn't see any in WA other than Sunnyside (thanks Ignacio) so I thought I would make a post.

Any info on good pricing would be much appreciated.

I do have a local shop in my hometown but of course they want me to pay MSRP on one which frankly I don't want to do. (owner)

They have a good salesperson there that I have known for a long time but his boss isn't very forgiving on prices. (will try and work with him)

He doesn't think he will be able to locate one though.

They also have a really good mechanic that does my work on my Suzuki now (no dealer local) so I am setup for after purchase but I need a good place to buy.

Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean Sunnyside?

If so, Desert Valley Powersports (which is in Prosser now and closer to you) is the only dealer I would buy from in the entire bi-state area. They're HUGE supporters of this forum and the community.

They're also easily less than a tank of fuel (195 miles I believe) away from your location.

I do have a local shop in my hometown but of course they want me to pay MSRP on one which frankly I don't want to do.They have a good salesperson there that I have known for a long time but his boss isn't very forgiving on prices.

They also have a really good mechanic that does my work ...
if you look beyond your local dealer may your boss lay you off and shift your job to India.

EDIT: and if it's not out-of-keeping with my comment, welcome to the forum, great bike and good members, myself excluded.

I have bought several motorcycles from RMC in Renton (dirt and street). I have bought several from The Brothers in Bremerton also including my FJR.

Both have treated me very well.

I bought my 05 at westside in Spokane and like your dealer it was msrp. Have been down to Desert Valley Powersports several times now and when it comes time for my valve adjustment (soon) I will let them do the job. I would rather drive 100 miles than give my local dealer any more money.

I would push my bike the 300 miles to Desert Powersports in Prosser before I would ride it the 2 miles to my local dealer. Even if the local dealer would work on it for free. I am the Parts Manager for a Chevrolet Dealer, and can really appreciate what it takes to provide a first rate dealership experience. Dan and his staff in Prosser have always been the best as far as I'm concerned.

Bought mine at Spokane Yamaha. Important for me to buy locally and have that relationship. I know the Service manager and he gives me substantial discounts.

I paid $500 below MRSP and got heated grips with install for that price.

Again, I didn't want to bicker over a few hundred dollars to maintain the relationship, plus, I'm not that anal about small amounts of money. Several thousand on a car is another issue entirely.

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/bozartg/IMG_1412.jpg

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/bozartg/IMG_1414.jpg

Good luck.

If so, Desert Valley Powersports (which is in Prosser now and closer to you) is the only dealer I would buy from in the entire bi-state area. They're HUGE supporters of this forum and the community.
They're also easily less than a tank of fuel (195 miles I believe) away from your location.
I have to agree with Ig on this, for sure.

I have a dealer less than a mile and a half from home but I've bought both my '03 and '05 FJRs from Sunnyside/DVPS easily a 4-5 hour drive/ride at 250 miles from me. They've also done my last two valve checks.

Dan Denchel and company have proven to be huge supporters of the FJR and are well respected in both the FJR and LD communities.

dougc

Great thanks for all the feedback guys.....

So for you ones that bought from Sunnyside are you talking OTD for $500 under MSRP?

And I must say I swear the FJR's are getting harder and harder to find in the Northwest apparantly because I have heard back from 4 dealers today with no stock.

I bought from another dealer because it was back in the days of PDP (Priority Delivery Program) and Desert Valley Powersports (formerly Sunnysdie) didn't have any. I would have preferred to buy from them, but didn't have a choice and wasn't going to wait a year.

So, count yourself lucky you don't have to put down $500 and wait six months for a bike.

Call Denchell up and ask what he's got for stock and price. The link is above with phone number. Because it's no longer PDP dealers then have to stock on showroom floors and may not sell as many.

...and remember...it's NOT Sunnyside...it's Prosser.

I'll add my +1 for Desert Valley Powersports. I've been very pleased w/ several parts and one service purchase, so far.

I bought my 05 used, so can't say how they are to deal with for new bike purchases, but was very pleased to find a dealer that supports the FJR, so well, just 60 miles away.

As of last Saturday AM, they did have an 08 on the floor. Stickered at $13,498, if memory serves me right.

O.k. I called over and spoke to one of the saleman and he said he is going to get back to me on a price, hopefully before I leave work tonight.

Thanks all for the push to them, he had to have been the most friendly salesman I have spoke to over the past week of dealing with different dealerships.

I was in there early afternoon last Saturday getting a warrenty part on mine. That 08 sure looked purty sitting there all lonely like.

Saleman actually didn't get back to me, but after I drove home from work, I live in Idaho but I work in Washington I ran in and called him at like 10 minutes to close.

As soon as I told him who I was he asked me how he could help me tonight, I said "um you were supposed to call me back in 10-15 minutes" he felt so bad.

Really nice salesman, I told him not to worry about it, things happen.

Spoke with him for quite a bit trying to get an idea of the price he could give me.

Told him what I could get local on it OTD (if my dealer can find one that is,) he said he would see if he could beat it by $500 out the door.

I let him know if he can do that he will have another satisfied customer. So then I spoke to my wife about possibly getting another motorcycle lol since I am still paying off my old one.

But I managed to get her on board.

Thank goodness for annual raise coming up!!!

Anyways they seem like a great dealership to work with and hopefully I will hear back today that the price is a go and they will have another happy FJRforum customer.

I will keep you updated, thanks again everyone for suggesting them.

Well he didn't call me back on Friday, even though the night before he told me he would take care of it first thing and assured me he was putting a big yellow sticky on his desk so he wouldn't forget again.

I called and left a message at about 3:00 with Shannon.

5:45 I called again and left another message with Shannon, he was with a different customer but she assured me he would call me back when he was done.

That's right you guessed, he never called back.

Saturday came, about 3:30 I finally called again and asked for the same salesman. They put me through to him, told him who I was and asked why I hadn't heard from him.

He told me he was frustrated that his owner hadn't gotten back to him yet on the "special" pricing he could do since I was from the FJR forum and because I was a motorcycle safety instructor.

Then he proceeded to tell me about how he had a lot of stuff going on and he got a ticket the day before for $580 for chasing down a guy that cut him off.

Turns out it was an undercover cop car and when he caught up with him at over 100 the cop stuck his badge against the window and lit up the lights.

I let him know I was sorry to hear that, but that he should have at least called and said he hadn't heard anything yet.

Now mind you I wouldn't have even put up with this much but I just keep hearing from dealer after dealer that they are out of stock and cannot get anymore this year.

This is the only reason I have kept calling back.

So he quotes me the same price he told me the first night and says that's the best he can do for now and that maybe if I come over to the dealership, 200 miles away they can cut me a better deal.

I tell him fine go in back and put my name on the one in the crate and I will be over the following Saturday as it's the first time I have another day off when they are open.

He then says ok I will take care of it now, but I am going to be gone next Friday and Saturday so I will hand your details off to another salesman.

So we hang up and I am just stumped at myself but all I can think is what else am I going to do if I want to get one this season.

So I bite the bullet, arrange a ride for next week and hope for nice weather which it looks like is not going to be a problem.

But I still just have a sour taste in my mouth from it.

I was laying in bed last night going over it in my head, and while I am excited about getting a new bike I still can't get over how I felt like I compromised myself...

Maybe I am making too much of it, I don't know but it didn't leave a very good feeling for a dealership that was coming so highly suggested.

I was laying in bed last night going over it in my head, and while I am excited about getting a new bike I still can't get over how I felt like I compromised myself... Maybe I am making too much of it, I don't know but it didn't leave a very good feeling for a dealership that was coming so highly suggested.
I know it is a few miles further down here to Boise, but give Jimmy a call at Snake River Yamaha in Meridian to see what he can do for you. They had an shiney new Raven '08 on the floor last Saturday when I was in picking up some oil... So far I have no complaints about Snake River Yamaha.

You going to spend big bucks on gas for 400 miles, you have somebody (wife?) take a full day out of her life to drive you to a salesman who doesn't know you from Adam, and who never returns your call.

yet you have a local dealer in your own town, and the salesman is a friend of yours, and that it has a good service dept. to boot.

and you're going to pass them up. :stunned:

Great thanks for all the feedback guys.....
So for you ones that bought from Sunnyside are you talking OTD for $500 under MSRP?

And I must say I swear the FJR's are getting harder and harder to find in the Northwest apparantly because I have heard back from 4 dealers today with no stock.
+1 Dessert Valley...

Condotta's Yamaha in Wenatchee, WA has a used 05 in stock, but be prepared as they are the only place in North Central Washington and price accordingly.

UHOH - actually my local dealer was the first place I called.

But I hadn't heard anything back from himand they didn't think they would be able to get another one.

I wasn't very clear before about that, neither the owner or the salesman thought they could find one even at a higher price.

But they actually came within less than $200 of Deservalley and he through in the extras I wanted.

Come to find out the one they got rid of a month ago they traded to Spokane, heck the dealer's sister actually lives across the street from me and her live-in drives an FJR :)

Trust me I would much rather buy from a person I have known for years, but if they can't get a bike in stock they can't get one in.

I could send you any of about 10 emails I have gotten from dealers in a 200 mile radius that say they are out of stock........BUT

My local dealer did call me yesterday and asked me if I still wanted an FJR, apparantly he was still looking for me.

Ended up having him bring it in from Seattle for me because I told him I would rather buy from him than somewhere else.

In the end it's a wash (when you figure time, gas, etc) but OTD it's a hair more, but it's more than worth it to be treated with respect and to support the local shop.

Trust me I never would have wasted the time to contact all the other deealers if I thought there was any chance my local one was actually going to get one it.