Recommendations for Braided Lines for 03

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icedog75

Reaction score
Any recommendations for braided lines? Spiegler and Galfer and who else?

Tks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've covered the one I'd recommend. Spiegler was the subject of a Group Buy here a year ago after Galfer dicked around. Suggest McCoy at University Motors in Fargo.

I just put the HEL lines on my '05 and they are pretty much the same as others I have seen by Galfer and Spiegler. You get your choice of colors for both the covering and the ends. Vancosports is selling the set with two front and one rear line to the forum for $100. I'm giving them a plug here because they doneta two sets to EOM. :) They are for non-ABS only.

Spiegler +1. I had them installed just weeka go and did at least 1500 miles or spirited riding and touring in the mountains of colorado - awesome stuff. I have the Yamaha bluw color with blue anodized banjos and it is 2.5 mm.

My mechanic - a race junkie - said that 2mm is what use in racing most street stuff is 3mm but 2.5 is best balance and he is right. the best upgrade from spongy brake feel on the FJR. Still as good as brembos on ducati but then that is the max you can out the master cylinder on the FJR