Recommendations for FJR Alternative?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheebus. Three frickin' pages and everyone is beating around the bush (<-- no pun)

Smaller bike for a woman? Why don't you just go right to the source? Is that so hard? Here, watch:

Odot?!?!?! What choo ridin', mang?

Cheebus. Three frickin' pages and everyone is beating around the bush (<-- no pun)
Smaller bike for a woman? Why don't you just go right to the source? Is that so hard? Here, watch:

Odot?!?!?! What choo ridin', mang?
I believe he rides an FJR.. :unsure: At least, last time I saw him, he was fleeing from imaginary cops with a jack-in-the-box license plate frame..

Honda VFR isn't a bad option either, but it will cost a lot more than a FZ6.
+1, but will add DL650 :good:
I haven't read all the posts - but she should really consider the new Bandit 1250 with ABS. My wife has one (and I may get one as a second bike soon). Seat height is adjustable - it has as much EFFECTIVE power as the FJR (less power, much less weight), it has ABS, you can get full Givi luggage and a Givi screen - and it is cheap to buy and run.

Alan

<snip> - but she should really consider the new Bandit 1250
.....and -- it (Bandit 1250S) has near perfect fueling (reported from both testers and owners, alike). Not like some pesky problem models -- that shall remain nameless, here. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda VFR isn't a bad option either, but it will cost a lot more than a FZ6.
+1, but will add DL650 :good:
I haven't read all the posts - but she should really consider the new Bandit 1250 with ABS. My wife has one (and I may get one as a second bike soon). Seat height is adjustable - it has as much EFFECTIVE power as the FJR (less power, much less weight), it has ABS, you can get full Givi luggage and a Givi screen - and it is cheap to buy and run.

Alan
A good friend of mine has one of the new 1250 Bandits. What a great value in a sport-touring rig. He runs a set of Cortech soft luggage on his along with a taller windscreen and a Dale Walker Holeshot slip-on. I've taken a couple of weekend trips with him and it's the "real deal". I owned a 1200 Bandit back in 97 and she served me well. Worth considering........

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts