Red Dragon on Black 2009 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimyman

Reaction score
Okay ; I know some of you won t care for this ; but to each his own. I live near Deal Gaps [Tail of the Dragon ] in NC. A Great place to ride. Always like Dragons since I was 7 years old --LONG TIME AGO-LOL Any way got a Artist to paint me a Dragon on gas tank and he also did some pen striping for me too. Being that I like RED and BLACK ; had to get some red on my Blk. RJR. The artist is call Scarecrow in Bryson City NC

https://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l62/jimzman/mc-8EM.jpg

https://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l62/jimzman/dragonEM.jpg

This my 1st try to post pic--hope it post

Jim

Pretty cool. The most important thing, you like it and it has meaning to you.

mc-8EM.jpg

dragonEM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Very different, to say the least! I'd like to see a better pic of the pinstriping on the front fender.

If I were you, I'd black out the silver bits (frame, exhaust mount, front forks, etc.).

I'm glad you like, but it's not my cup of tea. I have a black '08 and I think it looks great as is.

The solid red side panels remind me of the color scheme of the Blk/Red Honda CBRs of the late 80s or early 90s.

Like the dragon and pen striping. Cool to see custom paint work on a FJR, given all most all are left stock.

(Why is this? Limited color choices, and no graphic options from Mama Yamaha. FJR riders are typically more seasoned “cough” with a little deeper pockets to afford paint work.)

I have an 09 and I have done my own farkling to make it unique to me; such as adding an Adaptiv Radar, Bagstar Tank Cover & Bag, Givi Top Case and some white accent lights to give it some bling appeal at night. I think the black and red paint scheme is beautiful on your bike (please do the back rim!) and the dragon makes it uniquely yours which is more than most of us can say about Yamaha's inability to come up with some fresh paint schemes; we won't even discuss a newly designed FJr!

That's some great artwork. I like fantasy/mythological stuff too and that's a very nice gas tank!

Alexi