Redfish and hppants take a demo ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to confess that all of the crap I went through with SkooterG, riding with hppants, all that was just a cover. All I really wanted to do was ride the 2014 FJR ES. I am still disgusted with all the B.S. I had to endure for a 14 mile ride on Big Red. It was worth it though. Because it worked.

R/H - I'm sensing that something big is about to happen over there.....
The only thing BIG over here is Mrs. Redfish. And all our bills. I cannot justify financing this right now. You have a better shot at getting one before I do.

But I want one badly. It became painfully obvious to me while (trying and failing) following you that no matter what I am riding, I am not going to be able to hang with you in the curves. You were just playing, I was on the edge. That FJR will not be able to make up for my lack of skill and courage.

It does make for a nice picture with me in it though.
smile.png

I just remembered, in two days I have a wedding anniversary. I was going to ask Mrs. Redfish for... uh, nevermind. Now I know what I should really ask her to give me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a fairly self-disciplined person. But I have to admit without pride .... when I got back to the dealership and dis-mounted that beautiful red machine of glory, I wanted to buy it IMMEDIATELY. It's that good. I had goose bumps. I'd hate to call it perfect, lest I rescind that statement when something unimaginable now comes out in the future. But I've ridden quite a few motorcycles. I've ridden over 100,000 miles. I know what I like and I know what I want.... and the '14 ES is it. As sure as the sun rises in the East, I will have a Gen III FJR in the future.

I did notice that while I was following you, you were pushing a little more than usual. I was holding a good following distance to give you plenty of room. But I could tell that you were rushing a few corners and it occurred to me that you were trying to be courteous. It doesn't bother me 1 bit to kick back and follow a less aggressive rider. Really I enjoy it - gives me a chance to enjoy other parts of the ride. But I could sense you were pushing.. which is why I tactfully suggested a road change that put me leading you. Getting out of your comfort zone usually doesn't end well. For this reason, when I ride with new people for the first time, I stress to everyone to let the more aggressive riders work their way to the front. It's better for everyone - especially riders that don't know each other well.

We're long overdue for a good long Spring time ride with your Dad.

."The only thing BIG over here is Mrs. Redfish."

I've seen the picture you posted of Mrs. Redfish. If that's big it's the right kind of big.
smile.png
She also must have a big sense of humor to put up with the likes of you!

Of all the reports and posts I've read about the ES, this thread is the first one that makes me want to risk the wrath of SWMBO and bring home a Big Red FJR. In '06 I brought a new WR450F home without checking with the CFO. Mistake.
black%20eye.gif

You guys are making me think about risking another beatin'.

Hmmmmm.... My arm can be twisted and convinced that a test ride to KW on the 13th isn't a bad idea before the Group ride in May.

I can call it: Research, Ya know! :))

Having played hotelier to Mr. Ears-n-Knees last May, I must reluctantly attest to the fact that he is indeed a genuinely nice fellow. I didn't have to worry about the wimmin because mine had already found another dude to go be with by this time.

I didn't get to do any demo rides because my little spot was never on the schedule, but he was passing through on his way down into the further reaches of Florida and stopped here for the evening. He saved a couple bucks, I sorta had to clean the house, and we got to go to Schooner's!

DSC_6843.jpg

DSC_6872.jpg

Thanks for the kind thoughts Fred. I'm not cursed with Vomitus opinionitis.

My 2 so called buddies went riding and didn't call me... :(

Aw shucks - now I feel bad. Mike - late Friday night, I sent "the group" a text message inviting them to join me. SouthernCruzzer responded that he was going and would meet us there (which he did). I didn't get a response from anyone else, and figured it was too late to make last minute plans.

I just went back to look at my "group" text and see that Jay was the ONLY one I sent the message to. I'm "smartphone challenged" - so I dunno WTF I did.

Next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw shucks - now I feel bad. Mike - late Friday night, I sent "the group" a text message inviting them to join me. SouthernCruzzer responded that he was going and would meet us there (which he did). I didn't get a response from anyone else, and figured it was too late to make last minute plans.
I just went back to look at my "group" text and see that Jay was the ONLY one I sent the message to. I'm "smartphone challenged" - so I dunno WTF I did.

Next time.
i wuz kind wonderin' where Mike wuz...now i be knowin' !

Mikep, send me your number...I'll invite you on rides. I'm not self centered and hurtful like Pants and dumbass...I mean RFHunter...

I'll also call Fred and council him on his poor attitude.