Remedies for hip/knee pain

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wild Bill's Highway peg mounts.

Kuryakyn offset mounts.

Kuryakyn padded pegs.

If I get a chance I'll post my setup. I'm able to extend my legs forward. And the Kuryakyn offset mounts rotate so I can raise and lower the height of the pegs.

I have been happy with the Kuryakyn drop and pegs on the wildbill mounts. They arn't like riding a cruiser but give you a good change of position.

I find that a couple of generic asprine (before the ride starts) followed by the recommended dosages as the day progresses eases the pain in the knees. Stopping every 1-2 hours for a walk about also helps. Old age ( and aging joints ) is a bitch, but it beats the hell out of the alternative.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this for the knees. Go to a sporting goods store and buy a couple elastic knee supports. I always wear them on longer rides and it solves the stiff knee problem.

Mick

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this for the knees. Go to a sporting goods store and buy a couple elastic knee supports. I always wear them on longer rides and it solves the stiff knee problem.
Mick
I may be in the minority, but those make my knees hurt worse! They seem to want your knees straight, and when my knees are bent, they hurt a lot worse then without the support.