Rented an 05 today - need advice on second gen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am flying to AL tomorrow to get it, wish me luck.
Congratulations.

My prediction is it will be a flawless exchange. You will love the bike completely. You will ride it home and wonder why it took you so long to get a bike like this. You will come on this forum and become hopelessly entangled in the continuous exchange here.

Welcome to my (our) world.

:)

You need to come to a twt meet so i can drool over your new ride. Have fun on your ride back to Texas

I do make them from time to time, mainly the Tuesday night things sometimes. I am also JBH on that forum. I have the blue Vstrom with the cruise control (I know everyone has a vstrom in that group). What do you ride?

I do make them from time to time, mainly the Tuesday night things sometimes. I am also JBH on that forum. I have the blue Vstrom with the cruise control (I know everyone has a vstrom in that group). What do you ride?

Wife and I ride a Katana 600. We mainly go to the Friday night ice cream meet in NRH. I have same screen name over there...

Where did you find a place that rents FRJ's?
Hey Paste...these guys are close to you. B)

https://www.streeteagle.com/Locations/Calif...a/Monterey.aspx
Rent a FJR you say? THANKS! I think I gotta rent me one of those!

I've rented a Harley Road King (whooo, not my kind of thing AT ALL...) A GL1800 Gold Wing (Wife loved it, I did not...) and a brand new at the time GSX-R600 (rode it for the ergos before buying an R1. Test successful, but didn't like the 600 engine one bit. No beans, no matter how hard I rang it's neck.)

Im back. Sorry no pictures, it was more of a sprint to just get home. I drove 150 miles yesterday and stayed in MS, then drove 550 miles today to get home, all on interstate 20 - boaring slab. The bike is great, nicer than I expected, showroom condition. It runs smooth, I have no issues with the clutch, throttle pull, low speed handling (has power commander). The windflow is better than the gen1 bike I rented but I think in the future I will probably replace the shield.

The bike is comfortable, I was doing 200 mile runs between stops at the end today. Oh, did I mention is was fast?

The seller lives in a pretty area, the trees were at peak color and Barber Motorsport Museum is only 2 miles from his house (that is where we took a test drive, not on the race track though).

Last edited by a moderator:
jbh, you have been assimilated. Enjoy!
Thanks,

Thats what they said when I purchased my Vstrom.

This bike is great, I think I might see if the wife will let me park it in the living room because it looks like a work of art, I can't stop looking at it.

Can't wait to ride it again tomorrow, maybe after I wash it. It is a great handling bike with good ergo's, I hope to keep it for a while.

jbh, you have been assimilated. Enjoy!
Thanks,

Thats what they said when I purchased my Vstrom.

This bike is great, I think I might see if the wife will let me park it in the living room because it looks like a work of art, I can't stop looking at it.

Can't wait to ride it again tomorrow, maybe after I wash it. It is a great handling bike with good ergo's, I hope to keep it for a while.
I've bought and sold about a dozen bikes in the last 10 years. I'm keeping my FJR till it's dead.

Ok, I finally have a few pics, although it looks like any other 06 but I sure like it.

FJR2.jpg

FJR1.jpg

This is the cleanest bike I have owned (I buy used). I really like it and look forward to many enjoyable miles on it. I will be on this forum posting over time, debating on different farkles to add.