Reports from the Utah 1088

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Skooter and I are hear catching up on the forum. Hot day with lots of newbies talking to us like we know WTF we're doing. ;)

Warchild's having a rough day with a kamikazee jack rabbits trying to take him out. The Blackbird is wounded and taped up, but also seems to be puking some oil....that I'm hoping is fixed after I pushed a seal back into it's hole. :blink:

Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter, we're going to pre-check out the WFO-6 venue, and hopefully Dale will be less bummed.

Update tomorrow.

Ig

....that I'm hoping is fixed after I pushed a seal back into it's hole. :blink:
I don't see the connection. At least I know how to pack for WFO now...lots of warm clothing.

ac8.jpg

Skooter and I are hear catching up on the forum. Hot day with lots of newbies talking to us like we know WTF we're doing. ;)
Oh, so all that stuff you told me at the BBQ was just BS? :D

On my way here yesterday I caught a trucker with an interesting sign on the back of his truck.

165450390-L.jpg

Warchild's having a rough day with a kamikazee jack rabbits trying to take him out. The Blackbird is wounded and taped up, but also seems to be puking some oil....that I'm hoping is fixed after I pushed a seal back into it's hole. :blink:
Hey Iggy, since Warchild has successfully slayed a deer into two pieces on his ST1100, I can only surmise that based on the initial damage reports coming in that he was actually taken out by the infamous beast know as the Wendover Jackalope. At a quick glance, this animal can easily be mistaken for a big rabbit, but based on your comments, I think I can safely say that the Jackalope has been up to his old tricks again.

For reference, here's a rare shot taken of such an animal.

Jackalope.gif

There's a long, and funny story about the christening of the name "Killer Kamakazi Jackrabbits". Another seasoned LDR rider reported on their attack of his ST1100 during a rally. I used to have a copy of it somewhere but, the last time I looked for it, it was gone. If any of your aulde pharts have it lying around, I'd sure like copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
No joy this morning on pushing that seal back in. I even clubbed that bastard until it yelped! :blink:

It worked it's way out again and Dale's bummed and limping back home.

Two updates on My Blog this morning.

Maybe he should have ridden his FJR....it might have changed his luck.....

There's a long, and funny story about the christening of the name "Killer Kamakazi Jackrabbits". Another seasoned LDR rider reported on their attack of his ST1100 during a rally. I used to have a copy of it somewhere but, the last time I looked for it, it was gone. If any of your aulde pharts have it lying around, I'd sure like copy.
Would it be this?

jungo.txt

Chris

No joy this morning on pushing that seal back in. I even clubbed that bastard until it yelped! :blink:
It worked it's way out again and Dale's bummed and limping back home.

Two updates on My Blog this morning.
Hey,

In the lower right corner... WTF is that? Looks like about 20 gallons of fuel.

Good luck on your ride, and getting rid of the rock...

MW192765b.JPG

https://www.mattwatkins.org/imagesfjr/MW192765b.JPG
That's WC's aux fuel setup...my understanding is that he just got that all set in preperation for his Hell Week ride coming up soon.

How does this problem affect "Hell Week"?
Go check out my blog again. Dale fixed the leak and is riding back from Reno as I type this.
Iggie - very cool you are blogging / taking time to update the forum and your blog.. but Dale is 'driving' back? oohh... :unsure: not 'Riding' back? Sorry, I'm with driving a bike like TWN is with 'Splitting' a lane :p

For WarChild.. this reminds me of the last hour, early morning engine rebuilds for the big MX event of the season.. for all the marbles.. rebuild until 4am, drive for 5 hours, miss the first practice, miss the 2nd practice, line up just in time for the qualifiers... ahhh, good stuff all it is.

Hat's off to all the 1088 folks.

Signed,

CBA Prez

dcarver

How does this problem affect "Hell Week"?
Go check out my blog again. Dale fixed the leak and is riding back from Reno as I type this.

I’m not making any bets against him for sure…
Good idea! :blink:
Just posted on LDR.>>> "I can only provide status on a single rider - yup - I believe he is napping

in the room next door - while a drip pan sits under his CBRXX out in my

garage....

Brian R"

Brian is in Fernley, NV. just east of Reno.

Bummer about Warchild. I'll catch up with him next week I'm sure.

THE CHECKPOINT IS NOW CLOSED AND THE 2007 UTAH 1088 IS DONE!

Greg and I got to do most of Leg 2 together and went from riding the worst road I've ever been on with chalky dust that risked at least a half dozen tank slappers (no FJR's biffed and multiple Beemers including a GS did). After that we just tore up Hogsback above Escalante and had fun getting to Torrey.

Greg went to Vega and I slogged through the remainder of the route. We'll find out at the banquet how we did at 1 a.m.

More blog info here.

Awesome for you guys to be there at the finish, gotta love it when a plan comes together. I'm sure WC will bounce back tougher than ever . . Great updates on the Blog, appreciate it . .

Greg and I got to do most of Leg 2 together and went from riding the worst road I've ever been on with chalky dust that risked at least a half dozen tank slappers (no FJR's biffed and multiple Beemers including a GS did).
More blog info here.
After a misguided route compliments of Microsoft MapPoint a little over a year ago some of my local buddies coined the phrase "Super-Dual-Sport-Touring". Congrats on trying out the new genre and surviving.

A "good job buddy" to all who participated. :clapping:

Just got off the phone with Skooter who informed me he got 6th place, Iggi got 25th place or so. He was underway so it was a little hard to understand him. All riders did well, and no forest rats ruined anyone's ride.