Representing CA at NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We hightailed it back to the hotel to find the tire-kicking and tall tale telling had begun already...

IMG_1528-XL.jpg

IMG_1527-XL.jpg

IMG_1531-X2.jpg

IMG_1529-X2.jpg

Greg/geezer had the right idea...

IMG_1526-XL.jpg

Some folks narrowly avoided a foul fowl attack...

IMG_1532-XL.jpg

DSC_6177-XL.jpg

Meet & Greet hosted by 2Brothers...

IMG_1534-XL.jpg

IMG_1535-XL.jpg

IMG_1536-X2.jpg

IMG_1537-XL.jpg

IMG_1538-XL.jpg

Love to the see the family connection!

IMG_1541-XL.jpg

Handing out the awards for the Rally Rallye...

IMG_1543-XL.jpg

There's always one... FYB!! :D

IMG_1550-X2.jpg

And with that, it was off to slumberland wondering what the next day would hold for us. No intense sunrise greeted us… it was overcast and raining a little bit so we hung out under the hotel overhang waiting it out before heading over to 2Brothers for their open house.

DSC_6179-X2.jpg

I’ve seen a lot of things transported on a motorcycle but this was a first…

DSC_6181-X2.jpg

2Brothers is a huge shop and has just about any type of motorized toy a person could want… and donuts… everyone milled about, chatting about this and that, and planning for the day’s riding…

DSC_6188-X2.jpg

Like a leprechaun gone bad…

DSC_6185-XL.jpg

What are you gonna do? I dunno… what are you gonna do?? Marc, call someone and see what they're gonna do...

DSC_6187-X2.jpg

Thick as thieves…

DSC_6190-X2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After what seemed an eternity (and they say girls take a long time to get ready!), routes were finalized, groups grouped, and we were off for adventure…

IMG_1558-X2.jpg

IMG_1562-X2.jpg

IMG_1563-X2.jpg

Splashes of color adorned the foliage as fall had definitely begun its show…

IMG_1559-X2.jpg

IMG_1571-X2.jpg

IMG_1573-X2.jpg

IMG_1575-X2.jpg

I had no idea where we were going but did figure out we were traversing some of the famed alphabet roads… and when you put them all together, they spelled AWESOME!!!

IMG_1587-X2.jpg

IMG_1578-X2.jpg

IMG_1584-X2.jpg

IMG_1585-X2.jpg

IMG_1586-X2.jpg

Along the way, the clouds cleared and we had sunny skies for the rest of the day… it was gorgeous!

IMG_1574-X2.jpg

IMG_1595-X2.jpg

Seen in the small town of Viola… I didn’t count but this was only half of the Land of 5000 flags so I’ll take their word for it…

IMG_1593-XL.jpg

We stopped for gas and Tony/101stpathfinder had the unpleasant revelation that his bike was leaking some sort of fluid… so the boys, as boys do, all had to get together and discuss/strategize what to do next… "What are you gonna do?" "I dunno... what are you gonna do?"

IMG_1596-XL.jpg

IMG_1597-X2.jpg

Our ride leader for the day, Jayd/cruzin… thanks so much for a great day exploring your ‘hood, sir!!

IMG_1598-XL.jpg

The only wildlife sighting for the day…

IMG_1599-X2.jpg

Tony decided to take a chance and continue the ride so off we went…

IMG_1605-X2.jpg

IMG_1601-X2.jpg

Sustenance stop…

IMG_1610-X2.jpg

Even the younguns gotta rest up upon occasion…

IMG_1612-XL.jpg

Jayd’s traveling companion…

IMG_1607-XL.jpg

Where unfortunately, Tony’s bike let loose its oily bowels and he was grounded for the time being…

IMG_1608-XL.jpg

We called Rick who called 2Brothers who sent out a trailer to pick up Tony and bike… Derek/stryg8r stayed behind to keep him company and the rest of the group was off for more fun in the sun…

IMG_1613-X2.jpg

IMG_1616-X2.jpg

Ran into some traffic around the apple orchards…

IMG_1614-X2.jpg

And then a leisurely putt along the river on the way back to La Crosse…

IMG_1621-X2.jpg

Up and over the Mississippi River…

IMG_1622-X2.jpg

IMG_1623-X2.jpg

IMG_1625-X2.jpg

IMG_1624-XL.jpg

We arrived back at the hotel to find the parking lot festivities in full swing…

DSC_6192-XL.jpg

DSC_6193-XL.jpg

DSC_6194-XL.jpg

DSC_6195-X2.jpg

DSC_6198-XL.jpg

And speaking of style…

DSC_6199cr-XL.jpg

Then it was into the banquet room for the dinner festivities…

DSC_6200-X2.jpg

DSC_6203-X2.jpg

DSC_6206-X2.jpg

Marc/gramps… who is not nearly as old as I thought he would be… ;)

DSC_6202-X2.jpg

I seeeeee you…

DSC_6213-X2.jpg

The LD boys catching up on LD stuff…

DSC_6214-X2.jpg

My dinner companions for the evening… I have not laughed that hard for that much in a really long time…

DSC_6216-X2.jpg

And that was in large part due to the Bikergeek show… raw and non-PC and f*cking hilarious…

DSC_6217-XL.jpg

He won a head wrap…

DSC_6209-X2.jpg

Ohhhhh… that head…

DSC_6210-X2.jpg

And he personalized this lanyard for his special friend, OldMichael… OM, I’ll need a current address so I can get this to you… it’s in a hazmat bag so it should be safe to send…

DSC_6208-XL.jpg

And with that, we closed down the place and reluctantly headed back to our respective rooms, not wanting the evening to end or the day to dawn when we would all have to fly in one way or another back to home and reality… I’m so glad I decided to attend and meet some of the forum friends I’ve known vicariously for so long and spend some really wonderful memory-filled moments that will be with me forever.

Thank you again to Rick and all the NAFO minions for putting this together… it was much appreciated by many and most of all by me! B)

FIN

Nice job of representing the west coast T!!

Thanks for sharing the trip and putting some new faces with names.

--G

Great RR Tyler. I can't wait for the next time we get to do it! ( An FJR meet people! Get your minds out of the gutter!)