Researching Frame Sliders, Hwy Pegs, and Seat Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hppants

Reaction score
I've been searching these two accessories with limited sucess. I was wondering:

1. Is the Motovation frame sliders the only Gen I "no cut" product out there?

2. Other than extending the frame sliders, what other options are available for hwy pegs.

3. On other bikes I've owned, the Corbin hard seat (Gunfighter) has been my preference. However, I'm open to other suggestions. What do you like? How much does it cost? Do I have to destroy my stock seat to get the aftermarket one? Does anyone have an aftermarket seat they are selling?

Cheers and thanks.

Wild Bills hi-way pegs. He is a forum member. Always check the for sale section of the forum for used seats for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Corbin bricks (aka known as Gunfighter seat) are an instrument of cruel and unusual punishment.

Do yourself a huge favor and send some stock seats off to Russell and have them make up a Daylong saddle for you. Go crazy and splurge and get the leather.

Believe me, I wasted way too much money before I learned the Russell lesson.

Your buttocks will thank me.

Oh, and if you never drop your bike you woin't need the sliders. So get em quick. ;)

2. Other than extending the frame sliders, what other options are available for hwy pegs.

3. On other bikes I've owned, the Corbin hard seat (Gunfighter) has been my preference. However, I'm open to other suggestions. What do you like? How much does it cost? Do I have to destroy my stock seat to get the aftermarket one? Does anyone have an aftermarket seat they are selling?

Cheers and thanks.
I have a set of these on my '09. https://www.oesaccessories.com/06-11FJR1300.html No cut and a 10 - 15 minute installation.

Dennis

Cheers and thanks.
I have a set of these on my '09. https://www.oesaccess...-11FJR1300.html No cut and a 10 - 15 minute installation.

Dennis
First gens are different.

you don't want "no cut"...they mount to the frame instead of using a motormount

damaging the frame holes or bending bolts in the frame, which are way less robust than the motormount bolts

all of our Gen I's with R&G sliders look great as the slider hides the hole, even if the hole's location is not perfect

R&G's are the only "true sliders" available for Gen I...it's insurance well spent

3469318274_7c3cf1ea54_b.jpg

+1 on the R&Gs. I've tested them (twice, actually) and while they didn't save my stator cover from scratches, they saved the fairing, and may have saved the stator cover from scraping through. Getting the hole in place isn't that big a deal, and they're a LOT cheaper than the ones with brackets, because . . . . well, they don't need brackets!

And at the bottom left of Mike's picture, you can just see the top of the Wild Bill highway peg brackets he has. (And of course he had to use a pic of the right side, with that abomination of a horn sticking out there!)

Last edited by a moderator: