Revzilla Customer Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1342417078[/url]' post='982746']
1342398109[/url]' post='982650']So you knew the helmet didn't fit correctly but thought you would try modifying it and then, when that didn't work, tried to return it? Oh yeah, horrible service on their part. :huh: :lol:
You must have missed the part where I said that the speakers also caused enough discomfort that it couldn't be worn. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Huh? You chop up a brand new helmet to try to get a better fit and expect to get your money back when it doesn't ? I guess i am having the same reading comprhension issue as meosborn.

1342398109[/url]' post='982650']So you knew the helmet didn't fit correctly but thought you would try modifying it and then, when that didn't work, tried to return it? Oh yeah, horrible service on their part. :huh: :lol:
You must have missed the part where I said that the speakers also caused enough discomfort that it couldn't be worn. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Huh? You chop up a brand new helmet to try to get a better fit and expect to get your money back when it doesn't ? I guess i am having the same reading comprhension issue as meosborn.
I never said I modified the helmet in the first place. What I said was I COULD have modified it to make it work in the one hot spot I had. I didn't say I chopped it up. I didn't say I modified it. The only thing I did to the helmet was install the bluetooth which made it unreturnable in their eyes but it was the bluetooth speakers that made the helmet unwearable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a complete set of replacement cheek foam inserts (more than I expected).

They fit perfectly, and I was able to mount my SMH10 Speakers and BT unit. Works fantastic. Even made a phone call to the GF and she said "are you in a server room? I hear fans."

I said "I'm on my way home....".

She said the call quality was very good.

Again, VERY happy with Revzilla service.

I never said I modified the helmet in the first place. What I said was I COULD have modified it to make it work in the one hot spot I had. I didn't say I chopped it up. I didn't say I modified it. The only thing I did to the helmet was install the bluetooth which made it unreturnable in their eyes but it was the bluetooth speakers that made the helmet unwearable.

Regardless, if the condition of an item wouldn't be acceptable to you as a new item and it isn't actually defective (ie, the seller can return it to the manufacturer for a refund or replacement) you'll be hard pressed to find any retailer that will accept it as a return.

Ummmm... after 5 successful orders and 1 trouble free and very fast exchange (jacket for the lady, wrong size)... I'm not sure why you're upset with RevZilla! It very clearly states (my paraphrase) that returns will be accepted "in new condition, unworn other than to try on for fit, tags all attached, and NO DAMAGE!". :blink:

Seems pretty clear to me that modifying the helmet by cutting, shaping, otherwise trying to make it fit immediately voided your right to return. I would be on RevZillas side on this one. Being in service industries it's amazing what people get upset about, no offense to original poster intended... but it's hard to argue when return policies are very clear. :unsure:

Edit... wait, if no modifications to helmet were done, I can more easily see your irritation... However, installing my Sena SMH10 in my Shoei Qwest definitely modded the helmet and it was not in as new condition. Just sayin...

Well I'm not sure why but I was THAT guy. I read a lot of good things about them so that's why I ordered the helmet. Like I said, I was disappointed. I have a O'Neal Tirade helmet right now with bluetooth and it fits fine. There was no reason for me to think the speakers would have protruded and pin my ears down on the Nolan. I researched the helmet very carefully with Revzilla's video as well as Web Bike Worlds full review. I really wanted the N90 to work! I wonder if it had to do with the N90 being phased out.

Well I'm not sure why but I was THAT guy. I read a lot of good things about them so that's why I ordered the helmet. Like I said, I was disappointed. I have a O'Neal Tirade helmet right now with bluetooth and it fits fine. There was no reason for me to think the speakers would have protruded and pin my ears down on the Nolan. I researched the helmet very carefully with Revzilla's video as well as Web Bike Worlds full review. I really wanted the N90 to work! I wonder if it had to do with the N90 being phased out.
I can feel your pain... It's really hard to buy rider gear and helmets based on reviews and videos. Head shapes are very different, I have a modified round head that is huge, really hard to fit most factory helmets. Went with the Qwest based on RevZilla reviews and have been very happy, but it could have gone either way. I really want a Schuberth but don't have a suger mama... ; )

Hope the Oneal fits you well, due to my freaky huge head I was stuck with eithe the Qwest or RF1100.

P.S. I'd give RevZilla one more shot since this is a pretty unique circumstance, most of the time they come through fine... and really, what are the chances you could be "that guy" twice in a row? :yahoo:

Revzilla is truly awesome in customer service and advocating for you with their Vendors.

First my Schurbeth C3 lost the vent button maybe me being over aggressive with it not sure. They got me a new one no issues. Then it seemed like my pinlock shield was a bit hazed so I called them and they put me in touch with the USA rep. He replaced the pinlock with a new one and an entire new face shield!

Next have a Revit that part of it delaminated. It was NOT a safety issue and really has no effect on the jacket what so ever. I was given the option to return it and the back protector for full refund as a direct exchange could not be done due to the jacket being phased out. Or I could buy another Revit jacket for 40% off and keep what I have. While I still have not made up my mind the customer service rep said take your time, wear the jacket and let us know what you want to do when you decide. The jacket is about 3 months old and obviously used well.

This is a bit different as it was warranty and not as clean as an exchange but IMHO the outcome was very good with no raised blood pressure and nothing but courtesy, and prompt e-mail reply's and phone calls

I have had such a positive experience with RevZilla that unless i can find it for more than 15% or 20% less I wont bother. Cheaper is great but when something happens and your only advocate to a manufacturer is the people who sold it to you, you better be able to trust your retailer for a positive outcome. And with volume counting more and more to manufacturers the Store selling for them has a bit more pull than a guy who orders piece meal when needed.

Again RevZilla gets my bidness because they take care of you.

Very positive outcomes for me and most of the guys you will talk to ride and will give you honest answers to your questions.