Rich's Custom Seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
I am going to buy a custom seat this year. Rich's gets my vote just because they are local to me. But... I have a bum tailbone and wanted to get some feedback on Rich's seats from those of you who have one.

- I would prefer a firm seat. Do you feel Rich's seats are on the 'firm' side of the spectrum?

- Did you get the gel pad insert?

- Is your seat concave or more flat around the tailbone area?

- Do you have any pics you can post?

Ok, that's it.

Thanks Mates. :)

Scott

I don't have one of Rich's, but I beleive they offer a ride in 1 day service, so you can get is custom fitted to your backside.

I don't have one either, but my neighbors have had several seats built by Rich. They are pretty firm! BUT they are made to fit your butt. Both my neighbors swear by the gel pad insert, I guess it really does make a big difference. From what I understand, not only does Rich make a fantastic seat, he offers exceptional service to go with it. That's huge in my book. If I could afford one, I'd be there tomorrow. (I'm actually about to attempt to make my own seat!)

I have a rich's seat and i'm real happy with it and so is my butt. It is an all day process to get a seat done, but rich and crew will stay as late as it takes to finish.

Each seat is custom made and yea i went with the gel insert and leather covering. If you find lateer that the seat needs readjusting, just call no problem. If you wanted to check out my seat in seattle, e-mail [email protected]

I have one on my 07 and love it. It is a bit on the firm side, but does a great job of spreading my weight to eliminate any hot spots. I don't have the gel insert and, for me, it's not needed. Good luck.

Had one made last year. It was about a six hour process. Bring something to read. Rich and his staff will adjust your custom saddle until your're satisfied. They first pull off the old pan and remove the foam, then build the new seat foam. From there it's a process of fit, ride, build/shave, repeat until it's perfect. Then put in the gel (if you want it. I was skeptical but I now think it's worth it). Your other decision is vinyl vs leather. I went with leather for reasons of durability and breathability. Vinyl is of course cheaper.

Don't worry about firm vs soft, flat vs concave. You are going to get a seat custom built to your butt.