Ride from Sacramento to S.D April 4th - 7th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a.droid

Reaction score
Hey guys, Noob here. I got clearance from the boss to ride 4 days to San Diego in April with my brother. I own the 07 FJR AE, my brother an 08 Aprilla Shiver. Today i find out he can't confirm due to lack of $ to maintain his bike.

I really can't lose this pass from the wife ( hard to get w 4 kids @ home )

Any takers?

With hall passes hard to come by and four kids, your dates are probably tough to change, but in case you can and care to change up, there should be a few locals heading down to Goleta (Santa Barbara area) a little later in the spring. Check "California Ride Planning" for the "Gathering of the Clans" thread.

Sounds fun, cant make it unfortunatetly -

What route were you thinking of ?

Any reason for San Diego (dont have anything against SD just wondering why that destination) say vs Vegas or Grand Canyon or ...

I try to get down to SD once a year to visit my brother . . . I'm currently planning March 29th down, the 31st back. If you can shift up a week, maybe we could sync up one way or the other. Not sure of my route yet, depends on the weather.
mda.gif

I try to get down to SD once a year to visit my brother . . . I'm currently planning March 29th down, the 31st back. If you can shift up a week, maybe we could sync up one way or the other. Not sure of my route yet, depends on the weather.
mda.gif
The reason is simple.

1 - First LD ride on this bike since I got it in Oct.

2 - My sister and Brother in law also live in SD and he rides a Yamaha R1. I've been dying to ride w him since he married into the fam, super cool guy. Once down there he leads for local rides he knows.

The plan is to hit the 101/1 all the way down from the Bay area down.

Training Pilot, If youre truly open for a tag along I could move it up a week.

a.d., Guess you're new to the FJR and not just the forum, so I'll be helpful.

1. "Training Pilot" is an automatic title assigned to guys with below a certain level of posts. Then it changes to things like "FJR Pilot" or "Squadron Leader." Some of us make up our own clever titles. The guy's name is above that title. Your title is "FNG," and that means, well, "new guy."
wink.png

2. Sacramento to San Diego isn't really an LD ride. Sacramento to Maine is an LD ride.

See you on the road sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, The 1 from Malibu to Dana Point is traffic lights at 300 ft on center. If it's on the bucket list, go for it, otherwise you would do well to consider an alternate route thru LA.

mda.gif
The reason is simple.

1 - First LD ride on this bike since I got it in Oct.

2 - My sister and Brother in law also live in SD and he rides a Yamaha R1. I've been dying to ride w him since he married into the fam, super cool guy. Once down there he leads for local rides he knows.

The plan is to hit the 101/1 all the way down from the Bay area down.

Training Pilot, If youre truly open for a tag along I could move it up a week.
Sound good! FYI, "Training Pilot" is the level based on number of posts, I think . . . no1passesme is my forum id.

I've done the 101 and for that time of year, can be cold and foggy, but still a great ride. I need to get over to the 15 once I'm down there (destination Temecula) so I'd probably cut over before hitting L.A., especially on a Friday night (thinking 33 to Ojai somehow). But I also noticed you were planning a 4 day trip whereas I only have the Friday off work, so if you are returning on the Sunday, that might be a better time to ride together. If any of the passes are open (iffy), I sometimes like to go up 395 and cut over on one of those or even through Bakersfield to 99 or 5.

Let's keep in touch as it gets close via PM. Could be fun!

. . . Dan

Thanks for the leniency as I learn the forum. I'll dish and take a good ribbing for being FNG once I get more comfortable.

The info of you who have done this ride is fantastic insight, thanks!

Sac to Main !!!??? My A.D.D seems to be unsure of that much time alone w my thoughts. ;-P Ok, Sac to SD should be a nice little intro to S.T.