Ride Skyline Drive NOW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Checkswrecks

Reaction score
Hit it now before the summer crowds. A number of the pull-offs are closed for construction and pavement paint indicates that they plan to do work on some sections of the roadway. The campgrounds have not yet opened. With the leaves not yet out, you can see pretty well through the trees for deer and how the road ahead looks.

The construction hasn't started yet and the RV driving crowd is still drinking coffee to plan their summer vacations! The road is open end to end, complete with the usual suicidal deer and yes, the 35mph speed limit is still there. Some people may occasionally go a bit faster. But there is only one Skyline and if you want to go, now is a great time to do it.

606ee25f.jpg

I asked him if he was ready to head home. His name's Tim, for those who understand the relevance!

f0f3f603.jpg

Love that road, but I will echo to look out for the deer. They're everywhere!

Looks like fun, my bike is still in storage. Behind a wall of snow. Few more weeks will be able to pull it into the garage, for its spring wash and tune up. Can't wait. :)

Checks,

So what's it going to be like in mid-May? Was planning on checking it out on return trip from Great Smokey Mountain Nat'l Park area.

Hopefully at least the weather will cooperate.

I did it a few years back in early April. It was great, no leaves on the trees which made for great scanning. Just me a few deer and three bear, not one trooper.

Canadian FJR

Looks like fun, my bike is still in storage. Behind a wall of snow. Few more weeks will be able to pull it into the garage, for its spring wash and tune up. Can't wait. :)
I know that feeling. Whereabouts in Ontario are you?

We are heading down in June for a week. Oh well, I plan on doing a lot of the surrounding roads also. We are going down to relax so I don't plan on rushing through the skyline anyway.

Dave