Ride to Long Beach International Motorcycle Show, Dec 18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Lets Ride Saturday December 18, to the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show!!

The LBIMC show starts at 9:30am. To let people sleep in some, lets meet at the Long Beach Starbucks On Bellflower Blvd at 9:00am (earlier for those wanting to meet, greet, and drink) Kick Stands Up (KSU) at 9:30am. The convention center is only about 7 miles form the Starbucks, please be fueled up for the long ride.

We'll figure out a route there, probably side streets.

Long Beach Starbucks:

2890 N Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach, CA‎ - (562) 420-1317

Directions:

Let me know if you're going to meet us and I'll add your name to the list.

FJRBluesman

Fairlaner

ramrezz425

ynotride & better half

AVGeek

cometman

Santa Claus Fe Dreamin'

beemerdons & a bevy of Beemers :p

ducky

Big-D

Johnny80s (WOP) I believe that means Woman Overly Pregnant

Jim Lange

You?

Here's the link to the show schedule and times.

LB International Motorcycle Show.

Long Beach Show Facts

Where:

Long Beach Convention Center

300 E. Ocean Blvd.

Long Beach, CA 90802

Directions to Convention Center.

When:

Friday, December 17

4:00pm - 9:00pm

Saturday, December 18

9:30am - 8:00pm

Sunday, December 19

9:30am - 5:00pm

*Show hours subject to change

***EDIT***

Bikebandit.com special $15 voucher/gift card with ticket. Use the link to learn how to get the Bikebandit deal. No other discount is provided unless you get more than one ticket. One voucher per purchase, first 5K people.

NOTE: $3 off coupon code word "TEAMZG" or "LBENEWS". Thanks for the scoop ynotride. ;)

NOTE2: Thru 12/10/10 Save5 saves you $5.

Adult: 1-day $15 (online) • 1-day $15 (box office)

Adult Multi-day: 2-day $22 (box office only) • 3-day pass $30 (online only)

Children 6-11: 1-day $6 • 2-day $10, Children 5 & under: free

Child Multi-day: 2-day $10 (box office only) • 3-day pass $10 (online only)

Friends & Family 5-Pack: Buy 4, Get 1 Free $60 ($75 value, online only)

Groups 20-49: 1-day $12.50 each (online), Groups 50+: 1-day $11.50 each (online)

Parking

Cars: $10/day

Motorcycles: FREE

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in along with my wife :yahoo:

Simon - There is a 3 dollar coupon for the show it is "TEAMZG" . You might want to add that to the first post.

I'm planning on coming in from Phoenix if the work gods align. Not sure where I'll be staying yet; most likely will drive the motorhome and bring the bike. My priority is the Super Ten and at least getting a bit of seat time before mine arrives next year.

I'm planning on coming in from Phoenix if the work gods align. Not sure where I'll be staying yet; most likely will drive the motorhome and bring the bike. My priority is the Super Ten and at least getting a bit of seat time before mine arrives next year.
AV Geek: This was posted over at the BMW 1600GTL thread, do consider riding over with your AZ Beemer Buddies from Phoenix. You already know the crew: ROUNDEL, AZBMWRIDER, bbolesaz, Cooleyman, Papa Chuy, etceteras. We are staying at the Rodeway Inn on Atlantic. Don't fraternize with FJRBluesman, he is nothing but trouble! PM Old Michael and I, we'll fill you in on Bluesy!

Steve and Don, If you two are going to the Long Beach IMS, contact me and please let me know: [email protected] or 480-440-4666. Twenty of we AZ Beemers are riding over from Phoenix on Friday morning December 17, staying at the Rodeway Inn on Atlantic Avenue next to the Convention Center. Out of the 175 members of BMW MOA Club #89 AZ Beemers, I - Papa Chuy, make the very best purple BMW Motorraden Kool-Aid ever. I would be pleased and happy to make you up as many steins of the ever delicious purple BMW Kool-Aid that you can drink! Deutschland Uber Alles! Auf Wiedersehen, Schatzie!

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=2827.msg20214#msg20214

"Assuming that BMW will bring the new K1600GTL to the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show (IMS), and for now I do, who's up for a quick trip to LaLa land?

Plan would be to leave west Valley Friday morning, and find a interesting route to Long Beach. Something other than I-10. I'm not a So-Cal expert, so, suggestions on routes are greatly appreciated.

Arrive Long Beach Friday evening.

I already have a hotel reservation at

Rodeway Inn - Long Beach

50 Atlantic Ave.

https://www.rodewayinnlongbeachca.com/

It's cheap, $89+TTL, gets good reviews, couple of blocks from convention center and has parking next to the room (a big ++).

Saturday, gawk at motorcycles all day.

Saturday night, check out LA.

Sunday, back to the valley."

AV Geek: This was posted over at the BMW 1600GTL thread, do consider riding over with your AZ Beemer Buddies from Phoenix. You already know the crew: ROUNDEL, AZBMWRIDER, bbolesaz, Cooleyman, Papa Chuy, etceteras. We are staying at the Rodeway Inn on Atlantic. Don't fraternize with FJRBluesman, he is nothing but trouble! PM Old Michael and I, we'll fill you in on Bluesy!
Hey don't you be hijackin' my ride threads to get others to ride with you and your Goofy Butt Beemer Buddies (GB3). Geeeeesh some people. Is this legal in AZ? This is Cali! We have a coast and a big lake off the coast! I think it's called the Antarctica. You land locked desert.... silly person.

Count Sr. Papa Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" in for this ride, just to laugh at new BMW K bike!!!

I knew your door swung both ways (BMW / FJR). :p

Hey will you be out for the show? More specifically on Saturday? Maybe lunch at Belmont Brewing Company (BBC)?

Simon
Yes, I will post this up to AZ Beemers and we will join you SoCal FJR Forum Klowns on Saturday at the Belmont Brewing Company (BBC)! I will also have a bar set up in my room back at the Rodeway Inn on Atlantic for after show drinks!!!

Hey don't you be hijackin' my ride threads to get others to ride with you and your Goofy Butt Beemer Buddies (GB3). Geeeeesh some people. Is this legal in AZ? This is Cali! We have a coast and a big lake off the coast! I think it's called the Antarctica. You land locked desert.... silly person.
https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=2827.msg20304#msg20304 Thanks again Simon for your warm and friendly invitation to join you SoCal FJR Forum Reprobates at the IMS show, there will be about twenty of us riding over; all staying at the Rodeway Inn on Atlantic, both Friday and Saturday nights! Same guys that rode to Death Valley last Spring!

Sounds like a real good time. this will be the 3rd time with S Cali dudes and a first with a hard riding gang of something from AZ.

I'm in!!!
Hi Lanny, Are you bringing along your WOP buddy from Fallbrook with you??
Geeze, thought one was the limit for FJRs in Fallbrook...when I lived there, it was barely a one horse town!

I'll consider the ride over with the rest of the Phoenicians, just have to clear it with my CFO. :unsure:
AVGeek: johnny80s, The Italian Stallion lives in Fallbrook; Capiche! Welcome from San Diego!
I knew Johnny80s was there...thought he might have gone to Fallbrook Union High like I did, but he actually moved there as an adult!

I will be there, although I am probably gonna take my wife on Friday evening also.

R
Perhaps we might come join you, and see what kind of bike we can interest Karen in. (For Karen, not for Richard). Or we might go Saturday. Will see nearer to the time. That's not a desert riding weekend for us, so we will be in town.

I'm in!!!
Not sure. His bike is in pieces... On purpose.

I'm in!!!
Geeze, thought one was the limit for FJRs in Fallbrook...when I lived there, it was barely a one horse town!

I'll consider the ride over with the rest of the Phoenicians, just have to clear it with my CFO. :unsure:
AVGeek: johnny80s, The Italian Stallion lives in Fallbrook; Capiche! Welcome from San Diego!
I knew Johnny80s was there...thought he might have gone to Fallbrook Union High like I did, but he actually moved there as an adult!

"Adult" John? Are we talking about the same person?!?!?!?