Ride to Long Beach International Motorcycle Show, Dec 18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the CBA prez, and don't have to ride in the rain!

But all the real men do..

...don't make me name names!

:****: :rolleyes:
Oh mighty CBA Prez.... If I get a note form my mother, can I get a pass to not ride in the rain? :huh:
FYI we're in for a week of a lot of rain in SoCal. Build an ark.

Hard to recognize forum folks at Starbucks that aren't on their motorcycles. I'll wear some sort of motorcycle shirt... Maybe a CBA VP shirt. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from the show. It rained all day and probably will tomorrow but there were still bikes in the parking lot and Jason Britton and his stunt team performed in the rain.

I did see Richard, Roy and Steve (Fairlaner, Mcride, 03SilverBullet). Dont forget to stop by and say Hi tomorrow, you will help me win the contest wife my wife of who knows the most people at the show :D Our both is along the front wall near the stunt show.

Just got home from the show. It rained all day and probably will tomorrow but there were still bikes in the parking lot and Jason Britton and his stunt team performed in the rain.

I did see Richard, Roy and Steve (Fairlaner, Mcride, 03SilverBullet). Dont forget to stop by and say Hi tomorrow, you will help me win the contest wife my wife of who knows the most people at the show :D Our both is along the front wall near the stunt show.
It was great seeing you - good luck at the show.

LBIMCS WEATHER REPORT

Plenty of sunshine (liquid)! Sky's all clear (Cloud cover at roof top level), 80º (cold, for SoCal). :D

Central Orange County it's raining at approx. 06:00. All CBA riders please use public transportation. Don't forget your matching umbrellas and rubbers (rain boots you pervs). Have a nice day.

Did the FJR clan ride their bikes????
See you there Dan.

See everyone else at Starbucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a few hardy riders brave the angry mist that was falling all day. I did try to sign up for the demo ride on the Tenere, but by the time i made it to the trailer, its dance card was full. They weren't even sure if they were going to do the rides, and I never went back to see if they did. I'm going to try again first thing in the morning, if the weather cooperates.

Although it was nice to meet the 3 others this morning at starbucks, I found the show totally disappointing. it used to be in both halls, Yamaha didnt even have an FJR in their booth, Rain effed up the demo rides. This economy has really affected the Motorsports industry. DR
mad.gif

Yamaha did have an FJR in their both....it was right behind the Super tenere.

R
Yep FJR is there. It was pretty packed all day today but not to many bikes. The helmet/coat check was empty all day. Last year I waited for 15 minutes in a line to check my gear.

That Super Tenere was crowded with gawkers. I might go to the chicago show in Feb 2011, maybe that one will be bigger. dr

Certainly there were few riders to the show, though there were some. I drove but I no longer have a good all-weather bike like the FJR. There were a number of new models shown at the show, in particular the elusive K1600GT/L which seems really intriguing (will almost certainly be my next bike) as well as the Ducati Diavel, new Speed Triple, Super Tenere, CBR250, and new-for-US CB1000R.