Ride to Mendocino for Lunch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He one of the Forums great national resources for pete's sake. He's like the Queen Mother, or The Most Interesting Man In The World. It just isn't done, people.
You could not be talking about the person I've met. ;)

ps - Michael, I have just been informed by She Who Must Be Obeyed that I am not, in fact, going to be meeting with you tomorrow. I can't tell you the exact reason, but rest assured, it's very manly, and has nothing to do with being pussy whipped. In fact, I'm awash in testosterone even as I type. Have a good time, Michael...

I call bullshit -- PUSSY! :D

Buenos dias, Miguel Viejo: Que tal! How was desayuno at La Puta Creek Cafe? Cristo, I hope it really wasn't "El Puto" Cafe!

So inquiring minds in Arizona want to know: How was las migas and what is the definitive status on our waitress' "rackage"?

Also, please tell me that El Grande Danes did not attempt to order Kaernemaelk, Polsevogn, Saltlakrids, Smorrebrod and Julefrokost for breakfast! Oh by the way, was any motorcycle riding involved? Just curious, food and boobies are important!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, thanks for asking.

Here's about a minute of a part of it...

(Kinda unsteady. Hand-held camera.)

Video >

And yes, Lord Robusto, breakfast was very good...

IMG_5991.jpg

...as was lunch on the coast...

IMG_6119.jpg

And don't say NUTHIN' about that flower on the plate. It was edible.

And BTW, nobody showed.

It was just the "Late Dane" and me.

Breakfast looked very tasty indeed! The chowder looked good!

Rabbit food looked crappy. Only in Kali would they put a flower on a salad plate... <<sigh>> Tell me the salad was free and that you did not actually ASK for it Michael. Did you press the flower in your diary as a momento you old softy?

Breakfast looked acceptable, though personally I'd have gone for the chicken-fried steak, but that's my weakness. However, I see no evidence of lunch. Only a lost garnish looking for a suitably large steak to sit next to. Possibly some components for a Cali style Philly steak sandwhich

OM, you really should ping Highlander when you go on rides like that. He loves those goat trails and old wagon roads where 2nd gear seems like you're flying. ;)

Wish I was closer. Almost made it to 50F today.

El Neumatico Cuadrado

... Only in Kali would they put a flower on a salad plate...
Only in Oregon would they put an FJR in a ............

126.jpg

Love ya, Mikey. :D
Ya better watch out tricycle boy, watch that ya don't make like a rolling rock in those mud slides ya get down there. Very bad juju what you just did... using a mans misfortune agin' him! ;)

I know you love me old 'yeller, still doesn't mean we're sleeping together (not that there is anything politically incorrect with that)... :D

Shiny - Don't sweat it. We get rain, they get FIRE.

I'll take a few puddles any day.

Hope you folks around Santa Cruz are doing ok tonight.

... Only in Kali would they put a flower on a salad plate...
Only in Oregon would they put an FJR in a ............

126.jpg

Love ya, Mikey. :D
Ooooh, Brother Michael: That was wicked! This isn't "Gangs of New York"; we don't attack our Fellow Fenians anymore, Bro!

Ooooh, Brother Michael: That was wicked! This isn't "Gangs of New York"; we don't attack our Fellow Fenians anymore, Bro!
I deserve your admonishment, Don.

Michael, there was no call for that behavior, and I apologize. I must now isolate myself, and engage in some

serious self-examination.

...It's just that I felt the need to come to the defense of my adopted home. Everybody picks on California.

It gets kicked around so much, you'd think it was a shithole,... like Texas.

Oops. There I go again. Just kidding. I love Texas.

My sister lives there, and speaks

endlessly about the beautiful, wide open landscapes, the warm friendly people, the mild weather.

...It's Washington that's a miserable, god-forsaken armpit.

Goddammit! WTF is happening to me?

Washington is a fantastic state, ...if you're a trout.

(Niehart put me up to this.)

I deserve your admonishment, Don.

Michael, there was no call for that behavior, and I apologize. I must now isolate myself, and engage in some

serious self-examination.

...It's just that I felt the need to come to the defense of my adopted home. Everybody picks on California.

It gets kicked around so much, you'd think it was a shithole,... like Texas.

Oops. There I go again. Just kidding. I love Texas.

My sister lives there, and speaks

endlessly about the beautiful, wide open landscapes, the warm friendly people, the mild weather.

...It's Washington that's a miserable, god-forsaken armpit.

Goddammit! WTF is happening to me?

Washington is a fantastic state, ...if you're a trout.

(Niehart put me up to this.)

....................... :eek: :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG_6119.jpg

You ate a salad and that was your entire lunch? You are such a pansy.
I need to jump in here and defend my riding partner Old Michael..... He is not a pansy!

You can tell from the picture below that when the ribbon on his ponytail got tangled under his helmet, he was able to get the knot out without any help... I would call that pretty self-sufficient...Pansy not.... Sissy Yes!

OldMichael102409008.jpg

IMG_6119.jpg

You ate a salad and that was your entire lunch? You are such a pansy.
I need to jump in here and defend my riding partner Old Michael..... He is not a pansy!

You can tell from the picture below that when the ribbon on his ponytail got tangled under his helmet, he was able to get the knot out without any help... I would call that pretty self-sufficient...Pansy not.... Sissy Yes!

OldMichael102409008.jpg
...to damn with faint praise... by Alexander Pope, 1735, "Epistle"

Some friend you are! A real friend would have pulled out a knife and solved OM's problem for months to come! :D