Ride to the 2009 Long Beach International Motocycle Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I haven't been monitoring the post. Slappy, McRide Cometman and myself are meeting at Grosmont Center at 6:30a then going up the 15 and picking up Johnny80's and Coldcut in Escondido off Valley Pky at Target, then over to the 5 via 78 and on to the meet up location in Long Beach with the rest of the boyz.

Manwhore

Long Beach weather was very good. Coldest part of trip was 35 deg. The usual get togther of great people on motorcycles. I was able to snap just a few pics.

A cool bike, I believe it to be a slamed, stretched, pulled and other stuff R1.

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

I took a couple of pics of these bikes for my son-in-law who is over there, visiting the Afghan people.

Go Army!

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN2739.jpg

DSCN2740.jpg

Here are 3 suspicious dudes in the background doing some critical thinking.

DSCN2741.jpg

Many Motorcycles with free parking.......

DSCN2742.jpg

DSCN2745.jpg

DSCN2744.jpg

DSCN2743.jpg

Thats all Folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it just me or was the show a bust? No real deals to be had. I have found better prices on Competition Accessories onine than I did at the show. The good part was the motorcycles were far enough apart that you could actually sit on them and not worry about kicking the guy next to you when you got off.

It was fun riding in with everyone.

Many thanks for the pictorial, cometman! You couldn't get a least one picture of Los Robustos johnny80s eating something??
Actually, the photo of Johnny80 not eating is quite rare and perhaps should be added to the frequently asked questions on this wonderful forum. My photo of Johnny80 in this rare position is like trying to catch 2 eagles mating in free fall and snapping the photo before they let go at the last instant before crashing into the ground. :rolleyes:

Was it just me or was the show a bust? No real deals to be had. I have found better prices on Competition Accessories onine than I did at the show. The good part was the motorcycles were far enough apart that you could actually sit on them and not worry about kicking the guy next to you when you got off. It was fun riding in with everyone.
Slappy, did ya check out the coupons etc at Cycle Gear? Man you went thru the show like a whirlwind. Should have joined us at Tequila jacks for pretty decent burritos. Brian's 'big moment' came when a local pigeon decided she didn't like him...SPLAT!! :yahoo:

Was nice meeting all ya SD area riders. Hey, hope you did not actually exit thru the toll gate. I just went thru the gap in the Entryway...the wrong way.

See ya'all soon.

Was it just me or was the show a bust? No real deals to be had. I have found better prices on Competition Accessories onine than I did at the show. The good part was the motorcycles were far enough apart that you could actually sit on them and not worry about kicking the guy next to you when you got off. It was fun riding in with everyone.
You are very observant grasshopper.
I felt the same way, deals were not deals and very little gadget vendors. I think the economy is hitting the bike show, it was much smaller then last year.

We took off for Belmont Brewing Company for their tacos and IPA.

Great seeing all ya'll again. Cometman my apologies for my rudeness in not introducing myself. I realized after all the gathering I had missed you. :(

John I have a pic of you eating, I just need it autographed please.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are very observant grasshopper.
I felt the same way, deals were not deals and very little gadget vendors. I think the economy is hitting the bike show, it was much smaller then last year.

We took off for Belmont Brewing Company for their tacos and IPA.

Great seeing all ya'll again. Cometman my apologies for my rudeness in not introducing myself. I realized after all the gathering I had missed you. :(

John I have a pic of you eating, I just need it autographed please.
No problemo FJRBluesman. Catch you next time. I had a blast in LA.

Sorry Comet but I had a Christmas party to go to in SD and it started at 4pm down town. I was hoping for a deal on a Starcom or Autocom but alas nada. I stopped by Galfer to check on a steel braided brake line set and they wanted 380. I just check on Amazon and they want 260 for the same thing. I just dont get it. These vendors pay all this money to show their goods and have a captive audiance and yet they dont discount even close to what you can get the same product for online. What exactly is the purpose of having a booth there to sell your goods when people can get them for much less sitting at home? Oh well it was still fun seeing everyone.