Right Angle Valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a pair at a nearby Cycle Gear 2 weeks ago. At the higher price. Where was everyone then? Huh? Goppin' at WC's new hauh cut?

Since you know exactly what the inside of the wheel looks like this will be easier to understand.Where was my camera??

To install these I forget the size of socket I used, it was small, but basically it has to fit completely inside the drilled well which the valve stem resides. The new valve stems are torqued on to seal them to the rim with a nut on the inside. As you tighten the nut it pulls them on and makes the seal. The only way to do this is with a socket (wrench won't fit) When they are completely installed the inside nut is nearly flush with the inside surface of the wheel (where the smartire band rides) It is so close I almost thought about not using the valve bridge but decided it would be better than finding out after the tires are mounted that the air path is blocked by the smartire band.
1088068.jpg

Since you know exactly what the inside of the wheel looks like this will be easier to understand.

Where was my camera??

To install these I forget the size of socket I used, it was small, but basically it has to fit completely inside the drilled well which the valve stem resides. The new valve stems are torqued on to seal them to the rim with a nut on the inside. As you tighten the nut it pulls them on and makes the seal. The only way to do this is with a socket (wrench won't fit) When they are completely installed the inside nut is nearly flush with the inside surface of the wheel (where the smartire band rides) It is so close I almost thought about not using the valve bridge but decided it would be better than finding out after the tires are mounted that the air path is blocked by the smartire band.
1088068.jpg
That looks like a hand of a citizen of Utah. I bet they're even from Provo. Hell, I bet that place is on State Street somewhere just down the road from Fudruckers.

Rogue, remember that new rear tire I had a couple of weeks ago? It's not so new anymore. It died. I took a picture just before it passed here.

Not to worry. I had it's younger brother in the garage and will have fresh rubber for WFO.