Right side Low-beam headlight not working.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both high beams still work, so I can still ride locally for short distances in the daytime (and pray they BOTH don't go out for a few days at least), although checking the weather forecasts - this whole week and weekend is looking to be crappy weather..
Au contrere, mon ami!

Jan 1st:

High: 54 °F RealFeel®: 50 °F

Cloudy with a bit of rain; areas of morning fog

Scattered light showers do not "crappy weather" make.
I guess I am solar powered, if I can't see the sun at all it is crappy weather, however we must make the best of what life has to give us!

See you on the New Years ride! :)
Y'know, 2 years ago on our Hwy 3-36-96-299-Fortuna Ride, one of the folks "blew" a headlight. When we stopped for gas in Willow Creek he walked to the NAPA store, bought an H-4 bulb and changed his headlamp bulb.

As has been said above, once you've done it....it's not as complicated as we can make it sound.
Yea, I practiced on the right side headlamp today, pulled the bulb out and then put it back in, but I had to take the dash panels C & D out and my hands and fingers have some nice little cuts and scratches. Good thing is when the Osram's arrive, I won't be as frustrated and practicing on the good bulbs.

I am handy enough despite what WC would have you believe :p , but I am still a noobie to this bike...

Last edited by a moderator:
Osram's are in both of them. I like the whiter and brighter light!

The nitrile gloves saved me from any nicks or cuts on my hands and it only took me about 15 minutes to change out both bulbs. Thanks for all the advice guys it did come in handy.