Roady 2,, Getting Hot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
I installed a temp cig lighter direct to the batery as directed by the tech at Circuit City,, temp till my powerlet system arrives,,, the roady is getting hot,,,, (like so many other things on this bike) am I overloading the circuits????

Do you have the power adaptor pluged into the lighter socket? If so you are getting the correct power to it.

I don't have a Roady but my Ski-Fi gets hot every time I use it.

I'm using the "Auto Kit" cig lighter plug w/ my Roadie 2 and it seems to work fine. I think I drive to fast for it to get hot.

I will pull the seat in the am and get the part info. Mine is hard wired and does not go through the power outlet.

JWS

You are correct that the Roadie 2 is 6V. I have mine hard wired into my car and I had to fab up a step down transformer from 12V to 6V. If you are using the factory cig lighter plug for the XM it has the 6V built into and you don't have to do anything.

Vulcan is correct, the XM cigarette lighter plug has the 12 to 6 volt drop built in. My Roady 2 does heat up, so I think what you are experiencing is normal. Remember though, if you hardwire the unit, you will have to install a 12 to 6 volt converter for the Roady 2 to work properly.

After muuch searching for a 12 to 6 converter I found one at wallmart $17 take it out in the parking lot,,breakout the heavy duty utility knife that tried to cut my thumb off yesterday ,, open the package ,, none of the little pins will fit the delfi ... but then a light went off,,, deli makes these to go into cars,,, cars are 12 v and yes indeed the male end has a built in converter,,, maybe it got hot in the sun or from the radiant heat from the engine that is so kool after running for half the day,,,

returned the converter ,, as I am in the parking lot,, 0130 hrs,, hook everything up ,,put on head phones n helmet n road home listening to Bluesville where the ultimate Blue is Galxay Blue

:haha: :p ::

Last edited by a moderator: