ROCKBOX mp3 JUKEBOX(s)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobg3723

Reaction score
There's this thing called ROCKBOX. If I understand it's reason for being, it's an mp3 player operating system replacement with a plethora of added functionalities and capabilities to supercharge your pocket mp3 player.

One of it's best capabilities IMO can make operating an mp3 player safer for the motorcyclist, for example:

Say you're listening to your collection of mp3's on your portable mp3 player. Squinting at a tiny onscreen display would not be an option for obvious reasons of course, but wouldn't you like to hear in your headphones what album or collection of albums you're currently in?

Let's say you're searching by ear for a particular cut on an album. By simply tapping your mp3's navigation button, the player will "voice" the player's selected menu function. You can then go up and down the directory tree voicing the you the album name or collection for the current directory as you scroll down through your album selections without having to take your eyes off the road. Sound's kinda neat for the motorcycling community.

The ROCKBOX "jukebox" OS has been ported to many portable mp3 players, shown here.

Check out their voice page from their website, here.

And best of all, the app is free!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, use it on all my Sansa players EXCEPT the clip. It will burn-in the image on a 2gb clip.

Originally used it way back when the Archos Jukebox with a 10gb hard drive was THE unit(2002). It's a huge brick now compared to ipods and such now.

I use the vocal menu also as who can see those little menus when its mounted on the handlebars anyway?

Works on my

Sansa C250

Sansa Fuze

Archos Jukebox

Ride on

Dale

Yup, use it on all my Sansa players EXCEPT the clip. It will burn-in the image on a 2gb clip.

Originally used it way back when the Archos Jukebox with a 10gb hard drive was THE unit(2002). It's a huge brick now compared to ipods and such now.

I use the vocal menu also as who can see those little menus when its mounted on the handlebars anyway?

Works on my

Sansa C250

Sansa Fuze

Archos Jukebox

Ride on

Dale
does this mean it will ruin a clip?

Works on my

Sansa C250

Sansa Fuze

Archos Jukebox

Ride on

Dale
does this mean it will ruin a clip?
Ruin it as it won't play? No, but it may leave a ghost-like image of the main play screen. The Clip uses a 2 color OLED display instead of LCD. I'll try to capture a picture of it tonite. Everything you need/don't need to know about Sansa Clip and Rockbox:https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaClip