Rocklin, California, The Helmet Source

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackfox

Reaction score
Ordered riding boots from thehelmetsource.com sometime around 8/27 (about $215.00). Rec'd confirmation email dated 8/27 @ 11:34 am (I assume CA time) confirming order and that same order "will be processed shortly". Free shipping policy outlined on website states shipping is 8-10 business days after in house processing and tracking number will be sent. No tracking number ever sent. Their on line map indicates that Texas (my home) is about 4 days shipping. On 9/11, after 11 business days, I sent an email asking about my order. Had not received a reply or the boots as of 9/15 (13 business days) and placed a call using their number listed on yellowpages.com, as no number is listed on their website (clue). Phone tree gave several options, but no one picked up the phone. Waited about 12 minutes on the first call and almost 25 minutes for the second call. Also called on 9/11 w/ same results. Finally sent email giving a deadline for response or I would dispute charges and post a poor service experience on some message boards and afterward pursue other remedies as necessary. Received email today (16th) stating they had not charged my account, only put an "authorization hold" on it and a "thanks for choosing the Helmet Source!". Nothing else. Did a google search yesterday & turned up a recent similar experience by some other unlucky (or naive) soul.

Looking for good vendor/price for the TCX Matrix II in size 9.

Last edited by a moderator:
parts411.com!!!!!
$167 shipped. (You need to CALL them)

Thanks. Did call, but the boots are on back order @ $200. Not a bad price. The guy on the phone was helpful and courteous. Will go back to them -
I must be confused. I thought the 'TCX' boots were the same as 'Oxtar'?

Specifically, these boots: Clicky here for Oxtar Matrix GTX II boots at parts411.com

Because those boots are still showing $167 shipped. (Look at the phone code price)

Ok, I just googled 'TCX Matrix II' and they ARE the same boots. So I don't know why they told you $200. I bought mine for $167 and that's what they are showing on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
parts411.com!!!!!
$167 shipped. (You need to CALL them)

Thanks. Did call, but the boots are on back order @ $200. Not a bad price. The guy on the phone was helpful and courteous. Will go back to them -
I must be confused. I thought the 'TCX' boots were the same as 'Oxtar'?

Specifically, these boots: Clicky here for Oxtar Matrix GTX II boots at parts411.com

Because those boots are still showing $167 shipped. (Look at the phone code price)

Ok, I just googled 'TCX Matrix II' and they ARE the same boots. So I don't know why they told you $200. I bought mine for $167 and that's what they are showing on their website.

Yeah found 'em and they're listed for $209, but the phone code does say 167.00. Anyway, they don't list a size 9 (43 euro) and that's probably why the guy quoted me the TCX @ $200 when I asked for a 43. I understand a European company bought them and there's been a price increase. Will have to try ' em for something else. Thanks for your help and I'll be watchin' their site for other ways I can contribute to their capitalistic enterprise............