Rode an FJR today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curious in CT

Reaction score
Took an '06 for a ride today. I couldn't help but notice all the things I didn't notice.

I didn't notice any real vibes through the bars, or anywhere else for that matter.

I didn't notice any real effort in twisting the throttle, seemed no harder than any other bike I've ridden.

I didn't notice any severe wind noise either. With the screen all the way up there was a small amount of buffeting at the very top of my helmet but even without earplugs (left 'em on my bike) it wasn't bad. Without any ear protection I didn't lower the screen for more than a few seconds though.

I did notice quite a bit more acceleration than I'm accustomed to.

All in all it was a pretty enjoyable experience.

Oh yeah, I forget to mention. I also bought an FJR today. :yahoo:
Congratulations on your good fortune. I agree with you on the lack of problems. Mine drives easier the the V-Max did (except peg position, maybe). Maybe the complaints are coming from owners of the Gen 1 models. Phil

Congrats man, welcome to the forum. I noticed you didn't notice the same things most of us don't notice either. FJR's a great bike, glad you bought it.

Rode an FJR today, What's all the fuss about?
Well, with an attitude like that its obvious you're not going to fit in here! :eek:

And if you do you'll likely be shunned...... :lol:

Maybe the complaints are coming from owners of the Gen 1 models. Phil
[SIZE=12pt]Excuse me?!?!?![/SIZE] :uhuh: :twitchsmile: May I suggest that you check the profile of the majority of complainants to factually support that statement. :dribble:

Welcome to the forum - the bike does a lot of things well and the combination of all those things better than any bike in its class. Enjoy. :p B) :D

I also bought an FJR today. :yahoo:
Congrats. Have you gotten slippers and a corn cob pipe yet? :blink:

You'll love it even more at service time!
I thought those came with in the saddle bags!

Congrats, it's a great bike, I'm sure you've already figured that out though. The bike is really really really easy to work on. Get a service manual, and start wrenching away. You can always get backup if you run into questions on the forum or on FJRtech.com.

:blink: +1 on the congratulations. Have owned a '05 and now own a '06....best bikes I've ever had the good fortune to own.

Now it's time for you to start planning some wonderful trips and putting some major miles on that bad boy!

Oh yeah, I forget to mention.I also bought an FJR today. :yahoo:
Nice intro. Welcome. There are quite a few active Feejer riders in New England. It's a great place to live and ride a bike.

Enjoy the bike. It is unquestionably the most capable bike that I have ever owned. And I've owned a few over the years.

PS - I don't notice many of those things either and I have one of the dreaded 1st gen bikes. Last weekend I was wishing mine had the heat problem...

Congrats on the new bike!

You did forget one common complaint - tires don't last nearly as many months on the FJR as they do on other bikes...folks at work are trying to convince me it has something to do with putting 7,000 miles on it in 4 1/2 months. :)