Rode an FJR today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum fellow Connecticutite!

Look into some heated gear. This cool weather is some of the best riding.

Welcome to the forum fellow Connecticutite!
Look into some heated gear. This cool weather is some of the best riding.
Gunny that. Two woids: NO BUGS.
I'm already electrified, autumn and spring are my favorite seasons. When I rode up to look at the FJR yesterday the seller seemed impressed that I was riding in such conditions, he thought it was too "cold and windy". First thing he did after starting the bike was point out the temp reading on the dash, 50 degrees, brrrrrr.

I'm gonna need a little help with the language around here;

I've seen the term Gunny used a few times.

Also, someone asked if I liked knitting. Is there a weekly FJR sewing circle I should know about?

[ I'm gonna need a little help with the language around here;
I've seen the term Gunny used a few times.
Ha ha. That is clearly a colloquialism. It's a spin off the forum member GunMD. It is the equivalent of +1 in any other forum.

Also, someone asked if I liked knitting. Is there a weekly FJR sewing circle I should know about?
People in the other bike forums thing we run sewing circles here in FJR land. Something about the average age of an FJR owner being over the hill.

Wisdom comes with age. Sometimes it's really just dementia, but can be interpreted as wisdom (ref: Peter Sellers in "Being There")... Not sure which particular disease I am afflicted with. Probably several...

What's all the fuss about? Simple. Some people just like to nit-pick everything to death. Sure the Gen I's had a couple of issues, but I have to laugh when I read the throttle springs are too stiff, or the windscreen buffets us a bit. Jeeze, what have we become? :unknw:

Complaining about the Gen II FJR, is like complaining about a new Corvette. :crazy:

:vampire: Happy Halloween!!! :superstition:

SR-71

Last edited by a moderator:
sr71......

FUZZY BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!