roiscuba goes down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're realy lucky RIOSCUBA -- This one could have been much worse. Thank goodness you're young enough to "walk" out of the hospital.

They cut your helmet off???? Well the old man's insurance will have to get you one of those $600.00 replacements. Better than moving the neck when they don't know.

I love your sense of humor about the whole thing -- I think that is the best way to approch it.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to settle with the insureance company. Remember they want to get out as cheap as they can. You have "pain and suffering" and damage to your bike that you need to be taken care of.

It does go to show you that even though you saw the driver doing strange things he continued over even more and slammed you into the curb. Usually you won't even see them till it's too late. You were very observant to see him ahead of time. I think that's what keeps us alive out there. You described the accident in detail and I think that is a value to all of us who ride. I could tell exactly how you got hit. Everyone who has an accident should share as much info, so we can all learn.

Heal fast and do the "rehab" even though it hurts. You will ride again -- and the '08's are good (and black)

Roi - here's to you healing quickly! I'm glad you survived in one piece - bikes can be repaired/replaced and skin and sores will heal.

As for the jeans - I obviously need to get the kind you guys are wearing. When I went down 2 years ago my jeans were all torn up.

Rioscuba,

Sorry to hear about your accident, the important thing is that you are doing alright. I went down last month and totalled my bike, but was wearing the same gear as you (including jeans - don't tell anyone) so I walked away. Messed up my wrist but it could have been a lot worse without the gear.

Maybe I'll see you out on the road someday so we can swap stories. Take care.

Sounds like you did all you coud at the time. Tuff Break though. Looks like an '08 is in the future for you :clapping:

I'm a bit late to this party but I would like to concur with everyones sentiments. I hope by now some of the pain has subsided.