Roll Call - Texas Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking in from far south Austin. aka Buda.

I seen some YoYo in Austin recently on an 05 with bags on, wearing a t-shirt and shorts and not much else :eek: Was that anybody in hear?

greg

Hey Greg ! That dude is giving us all a bad rap man..wearing Hardley Abelson attire...no class, I gotta come get those rubber thingies eventually..the bike runs cooler but its been so hot I cant tell too much. Catcha Later, I gotta crash...I mean go to bed.. :D

Bobby

I'm in. Let's keep talking about a fall Hill Country get-together like last year in the Kerrville area. Coincided with the HSTA event and that was okay.

Barry from Houston

Barry,

What took you so long? You been working hard?

We missed you at the get together in Bryan College Station for the CMRA races .

There will be another one on the October 1st weekend.

But yes let's try to get together for another date in the Hill Country as well at Kerrville.

Scott

Lake Jackson

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scott,

Yeah, long time, no see. I guess I was asleep at the wheel concerning this new forum--over 700 beat me to it! I couldn't make the College Station ride because I knew I would be worn out from a trip to western Canada I made from July 16th through the 27th. Rode 2,400 miles in 10 riding days on some of the best motorcycling roads I have ever been on--it was a cosmic experience. I was on a 2005 Triumph Sprint ST--not a bad bike--I would put it between my Interceptor and FJR. Light weight and good handling for extremely twisty roads. Not nearly as much power as the FJR, but what is? I'll tell you all about the trip the next time I see you.

Haven't really been riding much around here lately--either too hot or raining and work has been keeping me from making Hamburger Wednesday. Let's try to get together for a ride soon. I'm keeping the October College Station trip in mind and I definitely want to do a Hill Country ride in November. I'm sure we can count on Groo40, FJRMike, Kyote, McRuss, Sanderjavant, FJRBandit, and others to participate. Are you listening guys?

Barry

Barry,

Good to hear from you finally. You could do a ride report, you know.

Yes, let's try to hook up for a ride soon.

This board is awesome btw.

Glad you made it here.

Thanks for the lead when you have led....

Scott

Lake Jackson

McRuss from Lakehills (20 miles sw of Bandera, heart of the hills)

No longer from San Antonio, gotta change that tag!

Last edited by a moderator:
Frisco here. We've got to do a get together in DFW. Cruiser's in Frisco has room but a lot of the roads are presently FUBAR.

We could always piss off people in Land Rovers by taking up spots at the new IKEA. I know that was mean.

Oh well......

Thom

FJR happening in DFW....good

Chip-seal in 105 deg. heat......bad

Ikea parking lot on a bike.....scary

Texzilla here from the heart of the oil patch-Kilgore but working in the Wild West(Bank). :assasin:

Hope to meet some of you next summer.

'nother Friscite / Frisconian / Frisco-resident here! First post to. :)

What is this "other board" y'all refer to? FNG just happened on this one. Only had the FJR a couple of weeks but looking forward to many miles.

Howdy and welcome Sean.

That's 33 Texas riders I think, I am still looking for the '05 guy here in Highland Village. He wears the same silver Marsee jacket I have and my clients think I'm out riding when I have their work to do.... :lol:

Post if you found this site HV guy, I would like to buy you a new mesh jacket.

Checkin' in from midtown Houston (Musuem Dist). Just made the switchover to this board - figured better late than never.

The weather keeps getting better every weekend so calling all Houston area FJR's for a good ride. Lets plan something for any upcoming weekend.

Mohan