Rotella T6 Syn w/o STP Oil treatment.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Maybe Danica would be willing to bare it all and lather up with STP."

"I still think Danica would look good all oiled up!"

oooh, Danica.....

You kids crack me up. :rofl: I love Oil and gasoline threads. Commodities are awesome and that's when another business force comes into play....
It's all in the marketing and that's what I keep saying.

Whether it's Uncle Bill's home grown motor oil, Yamalube, or Pennzoil (I'm not advocating that Pennzoil makes Yamalube), it more than likely comes from the same place. Different label etc.

So if you want to pay $2/qt for Quaker State QSX; $3/qt of Shell Rotella-T Dino; $6/qt for Mobil1; or even $12/qt for Monkey Butt Superlube Premium MBSP 4-stroke synthetic; bottom line is, your parts are getting lubed at the rated oil certification, all "meet or exceed" those certifications. Sooooooo, what's left to say what's best. Marketing!

Either way which ever gives you piece of mind use it. Until someone can produce fine scientific documentation proving that i.e. Valvoline does harm to a motor, it's all what makes all ya'll feel good. :D

Enjoy. :yahoo:
Spoil Sport. You aren't allowed to add truth to a good oil thread. :yahoo:
Oh don't give up so easily! I left the door open huge. I could argue all day in either direction. :dribble: :lol: :D :p
I miss DPF's. ;)
Man, this cheese looks really good. What do you think FJRB?

924mousetrap.jpg

"Maybe Danica would be willing to bare it all and lather up with STP.""I still think Danica would look good all oiled up!"

oooh, Danica.....
Danica looks good covered in.... anything. :dribble: ;)

Man, this cheese looks really good. What do you think FJRB?
924mousetrap.jpg
Mmmm Cheeeeeese....
Is it Gloucester or English cheddar? Maybe even Wensleydale. Thanks Grommit :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Last fall I put some STP OT in and ran it a few thousand miles before changing the oil for the winter. The look and feel of the used oil that came out looked great. It was a carmel color, not your typical black color you see after an oil change. I have never seen better looking oil. I'm hooked after seeing that.

jhedges - That seems really interesting. How many miles do you usually go between changes?

Did the short change cycle have anything to do with the colour?

Can you get some picks of that treated oil next time you drain it.

Thanks in advance if you can

I don't know if the short change had anything to do with it. I plan on changing it next after 3,000 miles or so. I will get some pics. I'm telling you the oil I took out last fall looked great and had a nice smooth feel to it. With a much thicker texture then your normal used oil feel. I used 2 qts of Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 with 2 qts of Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 and added 6 oz of STP OT. An old racing buddy and I did some oil research as he was wanting to put some good oil in his 4-stroke jet ski's for racing. We were looking to increase Zddp levels in our oil, and the STP oil treatment did so. He used different oil but tried the STP OT as well as we found out there added levels of Zddp in STP OT. There's others out there that will increase Zddp, but we went with STP OT because we could go down to Autozone and grab some.

You kids crack me up. :rofl: I love Oil and gasoline threads. Commodities are awesome and that's when another business force comes into play....
It's all in the marketing and that's what I keep saying.

Whether it's Uncle Bill's home grown motor oil, Yamalube, or Pennzoil (I'm not advocating that Pennzoil makes Yamalube), it more than likely comes from the same place. Different label etc.

So if you want to pay $2/qt for Quaker State QSX; $3/qt of Shell Rotella-T Dino; $6/qt for Mobil1; or even $12/qt for Monkey Butt Superlube Premium MBSP 4-stroke synthetic; bottom line is, your parts are getting lubed at the rated oil certification, all "meet or exceed" those certifications. Sooooooo, what's left to say what's best. Marketing!

Either way which ever gives you piece of mind use it. Until someone can produce fine scientific documentation proving that i.e. Valvoline does harm to a motor, it's all what makes all ya'll feel good. :D

Enjoy. :yahoo:

WHAT??? Valvoline is bad for my motor? Oh my god, I must tell everyone to stop using it......... :dribble: :blink:

Danica is just another 'media whore' that happens to drive a car; big deal............................ If you all want me to repeat myself on Friday (for a good, or better, pile on) let me know. There are much better car drivers and much nicer looking women to goggle at; I see no reason for Danica frenzie. JMO :tomato2:

Danica is just another 'media whore' that happens to drive a car; big deal............................ If you all want me to repeat myself on Friday (for a good, or better, pile on) let me know. There are much better car drivers and much nicer looking women to goggle at; I see no reason for Danica frenzie. JMO :tomato2:
I don't disagree with that. However, much like sports players, drivers go where the money is. Anna Kornakova wasn't all that great a tennis player either, but she made a fortune with the skimpy clothing photos, etc.

I've heard more than once that Danica hates the pin up crap and just wants to drive the freaking car, but when companies like Go Daddy throw stupid big money, what would you do?

I don't know if the short change had anything to do with it. I plan on changing it next after 3,000 miles or so. I will get some pics. I'm telling you the oil I took out last fall looked great and had a nice smooth feel to it. With a much thicker texture then your normal used oil feel. I used 2 qts of Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 with 2 qts of Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 and added 6 oz of STP OT. An old racing buddy and I did some oil research as he was wanting to put some good oil in his 4-stroke jet ski's for racing. We were looking to increase Zddp levels in our oil, and the STP oil treatment did so. He used different oil but tried the STP OT as well as we found out there added levels of Zddp in STP OT. There's others out there that will increase Zddp, but we went with STP OT because we could go down to Autozone and grab some.
Sounds like I should at least keep an open mind...

Yum!!!Danica, oil, STP... hand me a torque wrench and a rag!

danica_patrick.jpg
Thank You, Jeff! This picture of my Danica is just what this Dirty Old Man needed this morning. I would do her twice and take her to brunch! Hubba, Hubba, Hubba!!! I'd let Danica sit on my face long enough to put a clit print 3/8" deep in my forehead!

danica_patrick.jpg
Thank You, Jeff! This picture of my Danica is just what this Dirty Old Man needed this morning. I would do her twice and take her to brunch! Hubba, Hubba, Hubba!!! I'd let Danica sit on my face long enough to put a clit print 3/8" deep in my forehead!
Should you be talking like that on a computer in a public library??? Did you get yours fixed??? Now get the **** out of there and go to Mexico.

And to think this started as an oil thread. :rolleyes:

danica_patrick.jpg
Should you be talking like that on a computer in a public library??? Did you get yours fixed??? Now get the **** out of there and go to Mexico.

And to think this started as an oil thread. :rolleyes:
FJRay, I'm already on thin ice here at the Chandler Public Library as it is; they've been complaing about my wearing a trench coat.

My stupid ass Windows 7 PC is still broken; will not get it back until Tuesday, 4/13. PS: I spoke to Ray Jr. on Tuesday evening.