Route Advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick,

Don't bother with the "old" Blewitt Pass. It is open but is old, broken pavement, w/ occassional rocks and gravel in the corners (35-45 mph at best) It goes unmaintained but mtn. bikers, dual sporters etc. use it and the Feejer can easily do it but at a slow, encumbered pace(been there..., done that).

What I would suggest, as a treat, is Hwy 821 paralleling Hwy 97 between Yakima and Ellensburg, known as the "Canyon Rd." Won't add but 5 minutes time and is most "sportingly" fun. Need to be alerted to possible radar near north end (especially on weekends). Don't miss it!!!

North of Wenatchee, 97 goes up both sides of the Columbia R. The east side (97) makes better time and is just as scenic. If needed, a good Yammie dealer, look just by the bridge, before crossing the Columbia. Kerry Condotta, owner, state legislator, m/c advocate! (although you wont be too far from Sunnyside).

Oh sure that'll be easy. There will only be about 13 or 14 1200GSs and about 25 silver GL18s, you'll be easy to spot :D

I'll be the one at the Sealaska with an Alaskan Amber in hand. I know, Iknow that won't narrow it down much :lol:

I'll be on the '06 FJR and keep an eye out for you.

Look for th Tennessee plates :yahoo: