Rumble's Ramble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am out for this ride but I will be in the area one of the first 2 weekends in October so maybe I can hook up with someone who wants to show me the roads.

Have a great ride.

gypsy

I am out for this ride but I will be in the area one of the first 2 weekends in October so maybe I can hook up with someone who wants to show me the roads.
Have a great ride.

gypsy
Give me a shout when you get closer and perhaps I can show you some of my "private stock".

It's starting to look like the 19th will be the date.

I'm cool with that but would probably have to peel off after the noon stop as it's my eldest daughter's birthday that day. I'm sure we'll be celebrating with a dinner that evening. Still, it will be good to bag half of those bridges and see/meet everyone that morning.

Oct 19th works for me - especially since the 25th is my birthday and I always get a little more ink work done on my birthday.

My apologies for having to do this but it looks like this ride will not happen as my FJR has been sold. As a sport touring bike it ranks at the top. However, I found I was just not riding it enough to justify keeping it. Subsequent to purchasing the FJR I bought a dual sport bike and found I was riding it all the time and ignoring the FJR. I had been toying with the idea of selling the FJR since the beginning of the summer. I placed a few ads and there was little to no interest so I figured I would still have the bike in October as the riding season would be winding down soon. As I was planning the Ramble a serious buyer showed up and left a deposit.

So, unless someone wants to step up and take it over, I will have to cancel. I know there was a fair amount of interest and the Fall can provide some of the best riding weather. Last year we had 15 FJR's on the ride. Again, my sincere apologies for putting this ride into gear and not being able to see it through.

Damn, Skip. Sorry to hear that, but I can understand your doing so. You have a lot of roads out your way that are just begging for a nice dual sport / adventure bike. Are you going to upgrade the KLR to something bigger or just ride that?

I'd volunteer to take the ride over but to be honest, I don't know the covered bridges routes that you used.

Paging Mr Ionbeam... :rolleyes:

Damn, Skip. Sorry to hear that, but I can understand your doing so. You have a lot of roads out your way that are just begging for a nice dual sport / adventure bike. Are you going to upgrade the KLR to something bigger or just ride that?
I'd volunteer to take the ride over but to be honest, I don't know the covered bridges routes that you used.

Paging Mr Ionbeam... :rolleyes:
Fred-Just riding the KLR for now and don't see that changing any time soon.

I wasn't going to do a repeat of The Bridges Ride so whatever anyone wants to put together would work. I've been trying to be in touch with Alan but wherever he is he must not have an internet connection.

I just found out today that my S.O. will be out of town the weekend of the 19th. So I will have to stay close to home to take care of my dog. I also have plans for the weekend of the 25th, so that is out also.

Now I see the ride is cancelled anyway. Maybe next year.

Skip sorry to here you sold the feejer, but I do understand. I sold my restored Road Runner to by the FJR. Things change and shit happens.

Skip can you still do the ride on the KLR ?

Ride Safe; Art

Well that just SUCKS Skip. I was looking forward to your "Covered Bridges" ride once again. But you can still ride with us next year on our Green/White Mountain ride. And I'm sure I'll see you "on the trails" this winter.

Tom

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'll keep watching to see if someone steps in.

Well - looks like I may be back to my original October plan - a solo 2-3 dayer through the Catskills.

I'm sorry for not thinking of cross posting this announcement to this thread before now. I should have considered that there were a bunch of people subscribed to this thread that might be interested:

This ride is back ON for this Sunday 10/19!!

See this thread for details.