Run, Brake, Turn Controller Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickyRey

Reaction score
Greetings,

I ride an 07 and am installing additional lights in the rear of the bike for illumination/safety concerns...

Has anyone done this type of mod and if so, could you share how you wired it or point me to info here on the site? I have looked on this forum and did not find anything. But then again, I search for my glasses when they are on my head.

Thanks

Rick

Not certain if this is what you had in mind either, but I recently added some LED's to my Givi V46 trunk which function as both running and brake lights. Same idea could be used for LED's placed almost anywehere at the rear of the bike.

Clicky

Cost effective (ie cheap) and works really well. Still trying to figure out how to incorporate turn signals in there too.

IMG_0963.jpg

In an effort to keep the rear end uncluttered, I bought an extra wiring harness for the taillight (really cheap) and employed 1157 bulbs all the way across.

In an effort to keep the rear end uncluttered, I bought an extra wiring harness for the taillight (really cheap) and employed 1157 bulbs all the way across.
If I'm reading your mod right, you wired it up so that the turn signals are full-time running lights as well?

If that's the case, it should be pointed out that this is in violation of the law in some places. Colorado, at least, requires that any rear running light be RED and not any other color.

Like running "off-road only" HIDs, it's probably not enough to get you pulled over for, but it's certainly something that you may get cited for if you get picked off for something else. Worth thinking about, at least.

It may pay to go look through your state's vehicle laws before doing mods to what lights up when.

Here are some photos of the install I did on my 06 FJR. Wiring diagrams can be found on this and other technical sites so I haven't detailed that aspect of the install. I'm just showing you one idea of how and what you can do. I'm really pleased with this farkle - it definitely keeps people from tailgating when applying brakes in traffic and gets their attention when stopped at stoplights. Took one evening of slow work to make sure I was doing exactly what I wanted done. Best part is that if it needs to come out for any reason, the Posi-Locks make it a 5 minute uninstall. Only real surprise was having to shave the license plate a little here and there to fit into the license plate frame - no big deal with a Dremel though. Good luck!

IMG_2740c.jpg

IMG_2741c.jpg